Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can depression treatment interfere
do you work for a huge company that is self insured such as Walmart or Pepsi?is that what they mean by not having to follow the normal rules? can you send me a PM with the name of your company?It is so very hard to help you when we dont have all the pieces to the puzzle
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(03-15-2012, 10:39 PM)jayne Wrote: do you work for a huge company that is self insured such as Walmart or Pepsi?is that what they mean by not having to follow the normal rules? can you send me a PM with the name of your company?It is so very hard to help you when we dont have all the pieces to the puzzle

Yes, I work for a large company that doesn't hire an outside insurance company. They handle and pay the medical costs of all injured workers themselves. It's not Walmart or Pepsi. I think I'll look around at issues with them to see if it's similar to what I'm dealing with.
Thanks

as I posted earlier if they are self-insured, they still have to follow tennessee comp laws.
you can check out their coverage here:
https://www.ewccv.com/cvs/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-16-2012, 02:18 AM)1171 Wrote: as I posted earlier if they are self-insured, they still have to follow tennessee comp laws.
you can check out their coverage here:
https://www.ewccv.com/cvs/

When I try to go there I get a message saying I don't have permission to view the page.

They didn't have to offer me a panel of doctors so they have a way around following things somehow.

try this
http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcomp.html

select coverage verification services under the QUICK LINKS.
put in the employer name and your injury date.

I'd contact employee assistance from my previous post about the failure to offer you list of doctor's.
even If your employer is self-insured the use of the C-42 should still be required.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-16-2012, 02:19 PM)1171 Wrote: try this
http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcomp.html

select coverage verification services under the QUICK LINKS.
put in the employer name and your injury date.

I'd contact employee assistance from my previous post about the failure to offer you list of doctor's.
even If your employer is self-insured the use of the C-42 should still be required.

I did and it says Limitation of information: self insured employers are not included in this database at this time.

that may confirm that your employer is self-insured and therefore subject to the state laws.
you can use the comp court to solve disputes.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Actually, I have been going through a depression and weight loss associated with the surgical interventions and the work related injury I had. I recently was admitted to hospital under emergency conditions, yes, I apparently came pretty close to clocking out, and when I came to, found to my horror I had missed a mandatory workers comp MMI psychiatric assessment. I immediately called my lawyer, and in a dry tone, he told me he didn't really know how it would affect my case. I was admitted for a drug reaction that was unusual, but, since it was drug related, the attorney immediately assumed I had abused my meds to escape going to the assessment! Anyhow. I was cleared of that. Thank God, cause the reactions lasted several weeks and a total loss of memory. When I finally got close to mental stability I freaked out reading all of the letters I had gotten for appts.. I should attend. etc. All of them missed. The attorney assured me it was all taken care of, and it was. Now, I am having to go into a nursing care facility to help me regain my weight loss because it has become very serious. Not an eating disorder. Just not recovering well from surgery and all other sorts of interventions. Now during this admission, which will last several weeks, my attorney told me that I could still attend my counselor visits etc, and that w/c would arrange for transportation. I have to go in because now the doctors have decided to try for a spinal cord implant, but because of my weight, I need to be fatten up a bit. Quite a bit I should think. But my attorney assured me that during my stay and this new treatment on the table, workers comp won't try to make any more appointments for me prior to his approval. Of course I am not in a psychiatric ward, so I don't know their rules. But I suspect if it is considered by your own doctor a good appt to keep, they will allow you to go and w/c will cover the costs if you can't keep the appt because of your condition. These things happen and sometimes appointment get missed because of thing outside of your control...this is when you need an attorney to ensure that w/c knows what is going on with you. Even your own doctor can inform w/c of your condition and if he or she feels it is in your best interest physically and mentally not to attend, they have to listen. Especially if that doctor has already been approved by them and been following that doctors treatment plans.

I hope I didn't misunderstand the question.
Oh, and it is true, if your treating doctor has said that you might require inpatient treatment due to your depression, which has been brought on because of your work place injury, and yes, they will try to say its pre-existing so they don't have to pay for anything, you ARE following your doctors recommended treatment. He does, however, have to get prior approval from workers comp for your admission to ensure that your will be covered for the cost of that admission. So you are then in compliance with w/c rules and they can't stop your benefits. If you get admitted first without approval, then you could well have a battle on your hands. But like I said before, you should not have to worry about missed appointments if, as an inpatient, you can not go. Do you have a nurse case manager or adjuster from the group that you speak to? You must have some form of communication somehow. Unless, of course, you have an attorney, in which case....he does all of that. But you don't. Maybe your doctor knows.

I know that my daughter worked for one of the bigger companies and it did its own thing as well, but they still had to follow the rules. And she was also given a list of approved doctors etc. She went to the approved doctor and followed all of their advice and she was fine. Try not to over worry the subject. But continue to be pro active.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pain-depression tinainky 4 862 01-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  link between Chronic Pain and Depression 1171 5 5,201 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Feel like I do not have any hope/depression 052614 42 31,372 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  depression added to injury amysue69 2 3,891 02-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  Injury, Narcotics, Depression sparkey 33 27,943 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Treeburn
  Percentage herniated discs w/depression NJ samistheman 7 12,843 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: samistheman
  Depression...Need to talk! BamaJ 16 10,537 08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Can I Get PTD For Major Depression? lefty 4 11,119 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Depression Questions chrischris 25 20,552 10-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  depression rhonda53 6 5,602 09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Last Post: 1171