Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cervical spine
I have a question for those with cervical spine issues.

Had the C5-6 2/14/11.

Neck/shoulder pain and migraines since the surgery not as severe as before the surgery.

Today is a normal day, migraine a little bit worse, muscles tight.
Not for sure was I did but this morning when getting around I turned the head a felt a major shifting within the neck along with pain in the back of the neck Felt like something moved. Neck pain has been a 9/10 since.

I understand it was likely only tight muscles but this did feel different.

Can anyone share, Is it normal to feel movement within the neck? Just worries me due to the increased pain I have felt all day.

I have the normal snap, crackle, pop with the neck but today was very different.

Earlier this week the doctor requested I return to the neurosurgeon due to the abnormal neerve conduction test and burning down the arm.

Thanks for your help!

Bummer I have cervical problems but I think this is a question best submitted to your doctor (just MHO). I don't think things moving or shifting around in your neck is a good thing. Mine does the snap, crackle and pop as well as pinching and locking up. I really wish you would call your doc just to be safe.

Bummer I have cervical problems but I think this is a question best submitted to your doctor (just MHO). I don't think things moving or shifting around in your neck is a good thing. Mine does the snap, crackle and pop as well as pinching and locking up. I really wish you would call your doc just to be safe.

Kathy,shifting in your neck is scary, mine does it and that is what can cause super migrains and numbness in other parts of your body...if you feel a super migrain coming on or a major weakness coming on get to the ER..in the meantime warm up the rice sock and put it on your neck and after it is relaxed have Dennis gentley rub up and down your neck with his 2 thumbs you try and get your neck lined back up.....use lotion so its slick you dont want to force it just gently let it go back.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thank you Jayne & Monster.

Don't want to complain but yesterday was very different. Also noticed yesterday problems picking up the right foot with pain in the ankle & foot, today the tingling in the toes started although the neck is a little better today.

I am already being told to return to the neurosurgeon, just want I want to do.........go see another doctor.

It has been several days since I have posted on this thread so I thought I would give an update.

After 4 bad days, taking pain meds, high blood pressure, and dizzy spells I scheduled an appointment with the doctor for Friday.

The weather is beautiful outside and I am much better today! Sure hope it last!

Bummer the weather could have caused the problem.....

Jayne that was my first thought, but with this there was the shifting within the neck, then the dizzy spells.........a different feeling.

The dizzy spells scared me enough I grounded myself to the house, no driving most of 3 of the 4 days.

(03-14-2012, 10:58 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Jayne that was my first thought, but with this there was the shifting within the neck, then the dizzy spells.........a different feeling.

The dizzy spells scared me enough I grounded myself to the house, no driving most of 3 of the 4 days.

BK my cervical issues started back in 2001. After my first fusion i continued to hurt just like you are doing still. I had dizzy spells and they lasted off and on for years, they did eventually stop. Well the pain continued even after the dizzyness subsided, but a few years back I had the second cervial fusion and that was no help at all, other that reattachinng or should i say replaceing the loose bracket and removing 2 more cervical disc. Well the pain is still there and I still have snap crackel pop going on in my neck. I do not want anymore surgrey. so let the snap crackel pop continue.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I just have to turn to far or a certain way and it feels like I just got off a merry go round or had one drink to many and tried to shut my eyes.....the whole world spins and dips.....fun eh.......scaru as hell.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on cervical spine Bummer Knees 10 5,373 05-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Post: jayne
  MRI of cervical spine Bummer Knees 4 3,092 04-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Question about CT scan for cervical spine Bummer Knees 7 6,632 08-31-2012, 10:21 PM
  Questions about the cervical spine Bummer Knees 2 2,694 06-30-2011, 10:26 AM
  LSI- Laser Spine Institute.. bronco54501 5 5,325 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Spine Stimulator Keeping the faith 3 3,881 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Use as Example Only, Spine Guide Bad Boy Bad Boy 7 4,511 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Last Post: stiffnecked
  Injured nurse.......doctor cancelled spine surgery Bummer Knees 25 9,649 02-13-2008, 10:17 PM
  Results of biopsy of the spine Bummer Knees 21 9,608 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM