Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
discogram
(03-05-2012, 08:55 AM)jayne Wrote: everyone has different opinions no need to be ugly about what works for some may not work for others.

thank you so much for sharing personal info, if it wasnt for caring people like you the rest of us would be blind to it. i feel bad for the people that couldnt get info like this,thanks again

I cant even tell you how many years I have been here numbers was one of the first things to go in my mind....altho many on here will tell you it was my entire mind....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

MY WC doctor also recommended me for a dicogram. After after several weeks of waiting for approval from the WC company I called them to see what was taking so long. The told me that they wanted the doctor to do a EMG first.

Does this sound right. I to was also confused about having the surgery or not, but without it I was told that I may not be able to return to my current position. This may mean a cut in salary. With surgery I was told it's a 50/50 chance that it will improve or remain the same I am 42.

(03-05-2012, 10:12 PM)darrinb Wrote: MY WC doctor also recommended me for a dicogram. After after several weeks of waiting for approval from the WC company I called them to see what was taking so long. The told me that they wanted the doctor to do a EMG first.

Does this sound right. I to was also confused about having the surgery or not, but without it I was told that I may not be able to return to my current position. This may mean a cut in salary. With surgery I was told it's a 50/50 chance that it will improve or remain the same I am 42.

i was never told or heard of an EMG before the discogram but when i went for it they did ask if i got one and said no and they still did the procedure. so i guess all docs do things differently. did they say what kind of surgery(discectomy,laminectomy,fusion)?i was told from day one and by every doc ive seen since i wont return, so it depends on the injury and your job, if you let us know well give you a pretty good idea, but everyone is different. good luck
(03-05-2012, 07:57 PM)jayne Wrote: I cant even tell you how many years I have been here numbers was one of the first things to go in my mind....altho many on here will tell you it was my entire mind....

your mind definately goes fast dealing with incompetence

nah,its the narcs,lol years of narcs....My Drs when I was able to see them were basically good.it was the waiting and the out and out denials that done the damage to me.

I jooined the old forum back in 2003 and if memory serves me right Jayne, you were already a member then. (But I could use my memory as a cheese grater what with all the holes it has in it Sad ) I would bet that your memory and mine are laying in hammocks on some tropical island drinking margaritas together.

Angel ^j^

(03-05-2012, 07:57 PM)jayne Wrote: I cant even tell you how many years I have been here numbers was one of the first things to go in my mind....altho many on here will tell you it was my entire mind....

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

I wouldnt doubt that at all Angel..... the lucky Devils

(03-06-2012, 06:24 PM)jayc123 Wrote: [quote='darrinb' pid='142615' dateline='1330999968']
MY WC doctor also recommended me for a dicogram. After after several weeks of waiting for approval from the WC company I called them to see what was taking so long. The told me that they wanted the doctor to do a EMG first.

i was never told or heard of an EMG before the discogram but when i went for it they did ask if i got one and said no and they still did the procedure. so i guess all docs do things differently. did they say what kind of surgery(discectomy,laminectomy,fusion)?i was told from day one and by every doc ive seen since i wont return, so it depends on the injury and your job, if you let us know well give you a pretty good idea, but everyone is different. good luck

I was told that I needed a fusion

(03-07-2012, 08:23 PM)darrinb Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 06:24 PM)jayc123 Wrote: [quote='darrinb' pid='142615' dateline='1330999968']

I was told that I needed a fusion

thats what the surgeon suggested for me too so he said the discogram displays the injury better.going back for follow up next week to see. but my WC doctor said im too young for fusions so check out your options, its you against them and your just a case

Depends I had the cervical fusion since then the disc above and below have blown I got less than one week of relief from the cevical headaches...however many people get relief they say I havent met any of those people but they do say they are out there.....after the dismal showing of my cervical fusion no way was I letting anyone cut on my lower back ever ever ever. unless it get to where I have no choice its the surgery or I dont walk .....then I will think long and hard on it....long and hard....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  another discogram question jayc123 2 3,210 03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Last Post: jayc123
  Discogram robert38 15 9,156 11-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Last Post: tpm
  Help needed with discogram report Bummer Knees 6 5,310 11-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Discogram Bummer Knees 24 11,099 10-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Last Post: jayne