Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long to receive response from DWC regarding QME?
I requested a QME from the insurance company, a few weeks later I received the paperwork from them and mailed it on 2/12/2012. I have yet to recieve any response from DWC about it.

What is the normal turn-around time from DWC?

each state has their own comp system.
that's why this site requests you identify your state
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146

it sounds like it could be california.

if so, it varies with volume, staffing, resources, etc. in the past it was 60 days.
they've done better recently and overtime has been authorized.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Yes, sorry, it is indeed in California. 60 days seems like it could be an awfully long time, 60 days to get the list from DWC, then the WC insurance company wants me to schedule the appointment 45 days out so they have time to get all the reports ready. And in the meantime I'm at the mercy of the insurance company and my physician who has their best interests in mind, not mine.

the administrative process is still much faster then litigation and getting thru the court processes and appeals.
if treatment has been denied contact your health carrier.
SDI can step in when TTD has been delayed.

complex systems that handle thousands of actions are always subject to bottlenecks especially when they are dependent on government funding.
lower tax revenues means loss of service across the board from local to state.

wait 45 days to get the file!!! crazy...
they should be putting it together now--not waiting till after they know the doctor's address!
all the medical is already together in the claims file; otherwise how would the adjuster know what's going on.
that's a bogus excuse.

you can schedule the appointment whenever you wish.

are there regular delays in claims responses and performance?
if so you can file a complaint here:
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/Audcomp.pdf
get a copy of your medical so you can take it with you in case the doctor is missing something.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA-PTP submitted request for treatment with no response from IC. What now? SickOfTheProcess 7 9,474 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Georgia: will I receive a settlement after my back surgery John51 3 15,494 04-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Last Post: 1171
  what happens after you receive an ama report-california sick and tired 10 11,361 01-16-2012, 09:50 PM
  Getting paid, but no other response from WC dmma 1 2,800 12-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Last Post: dmma
  From California: When do I begin to receive benefits? seekinginfo 5 6,366 06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
  Will I receive anything? praders1 3 4,505 05-02-2010, 10:16 AM
  Receive phone call from request of the governor Bummer Knees 18 12,480 01-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Dirtydawg69
  How long can you receive WC? florida2007 4 8,680 03-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Can I change jobs and still receive WC services? Stacdesi 7 9,084 12-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Lilly