Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor telling me to return to work???
[/size] I need some understanding here. I was involved in a car accident two Fridays ago with my boss on the way to see a client. We were t-boned from the drivers side and my head was thrown against the passenger side glass. A workers comp claim was filed for me and I went to see their doctor today because I have been having concussion symptoms since the accident. She referred me to a neurologist but said that she was restricted under workers compensation to remove me from work. I told her that due to the type of job I have where I am required to manage people, make decisions, etc...I am in no condition to do this type of work. How do they expect me to be a manager with a concussion?

My first questions is: why would she be restricted from removing me from work?
2. is that what the neurologist would recommend?
3. can I dispute this with the insurance carrier?

I am really frustrated right now because I do not want to be in a position to potentially lose pay.
[/font]

it's possible that the carrier wants work restrictions rather then a less then useful "no work" statement so the employer has an opportunity to provide modified work.
different states have different rules;that's why the board asks you to post yours
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146

do you have work restrictions?

yes, you can dispute it but you need evidence to be successful.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am located in NJ. The doctors words exactly were that she was stumped as to what to "restrict" me to at work. That because of the type of injury I have, it is a difficult case. What if my employer agrees that I cannot do my normal work duties??

nothing would change.
medical benefits would continue.
disability determinations are not based on an employer or employee opinion.
they require a finding of permanent impairment or the loss of earnings supported by medical evidence.

more on basic comp rules in New Jersey:
http://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/wc/wc_index.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 2,753 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 10,833 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 2,696 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
  Not Ready to Return to Work / Stress (New to Forum) jjjccefbr 8 5,398 02-04-2017, 01:07 AM
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 3,475 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 2,509 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 4,550 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Laid Off After Full-Duty Return to Work wwdoitover 3 8,283 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Last Post: wwdoitover
  Need Advice on a bad work comp doctor What recourse do I have reallyneedadvice 4 7,967 09-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  bilateral knee injuries at work and fired for leaving for a doctor appointment! unfairly fired 0 4,280 09-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Last Post: unfairly fired