Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement Conf., rescheduled NO MONEY!
Hello from CO. My injury a little over three years ago. Was seem by IC for rating and was given a 10. After which I was by a DIME and was told "NOT AT MMI". One year later was seem again by IC doctor for rating and again was given 10. Was sent back to the DIME and was given a rating of 48, but with the rating of 10, this lowered the rating to a 32. Not really sure how that worked out but kinda understand.

Anyways, my settlement conference was dated for tomorrow, but just received a voice mail from my attorney. I was told the conference is going to be reschedule because there is 'no money' at this point. The attorney is working on another conference. Hope to here something from the attorney later today, because I have questions.

My question for now is what does it mean that there is 'NO MONEY' at this point? Can anyone explain this to me?
God bless

Okay, I guess I posted this to soon! Just got a call from my attorney.
I was explain in detail just what having no money meant. Apparently the IC is willing to offer some money but they just don't have it yet. Was told that this is not a small amount of money. So the conference will be end of next month or first of April. Oh, I will say this much that I will be treating still with the Psyc., doctor and the Dime also asked that I be allowed to see my primary doctor for pain.

Does this mean that I will have to pay out of pocket for my primary doctor to treat me? I have CRPS. The Dime caught my pain doctor in a lie and his report and didn't like that. Pain doc stated that I had previous Psy., problems before the injury. DIME said that he's(DIME) been doing this too long not to know how things work an just what's going on! I told him I was aproved for SSDI and he said good, you can't work like this! Would catching the pain doctor in a lie be the reason why he wants me to treat with my primary doctor? All of the above was in his report. Please advise.
Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.

might mean there is no buyout settlement offer.
without knowing the financial particulars of your employer/carrier, it's difficult to guess much else.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-27-2012, 02:31 PM)1171 Wrote: might mean there is no buyout settlement offer.
without knowing the financial particulars of your employer/carrier, it's difficult to guess much else.

Thanks 1171, for your speedy reply. I guess I would have to google what is meant by 'Buyout Settlement', if indeed as you stated this 'MIGHT' be the case. My son asked me how is it that an insurance company wouldn't have the money?...Good question! I will say this much and this the employer is a MAJOR hospital and the carrier is Sedgwick. But I guess that doesn't explain their financial particulars as you stated. Thanks again.
Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.

"wouldn't have the money" may mean the risk mgr won't give adjuster/atty $$ authority.
sedgwick is a third party administrator.
employer is self-insured; so there is no insurance carrier. All benefits paid by employer.

here are colorado settlement forms:
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=P...DLEWrapper

when there is no offer or agreement on settlement, benefits are paid on a continuing basis.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-27-2012, 03:12 PM)1171 Wrote: "wouldn't have the money" may mean the risk mgr won't give adjuster/atty $$ authority.
sedwick is a third party administrator.
employer is self-insured; so there is no insurance carrier. All benefits paid by employer.

here are colorado settlement forms:
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=P...DLEWrapper

1171 God Bless You and I really mean that!!!!!

you're welcome.
be well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settlement + Obamacare: Can New Health Ins Co Ask For Settlement Money? Solin 8 2,014 03-23-2018, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Solin
  MONEY? Az Mogregg3 1 1,557 07-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  4 months and no money or treatment dwgriff1967 6 4,599 06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Advice Needed! Ex-husband took my settlement money! clk2426 1 2,721 05-13-2014, 07:45 PM
  Rating done & Settlement Conf. tomorrow! Cali Gal 6 8,520 03-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  What kinda money to expect LesPaul 1 3,151 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  my P&S money is done jp28 3 4,263 11-14-2011, 02:48 PM
  C-8 says I owe money back ??? Georgedroy 5 5,576 07-06-2011, 03:52 PM
  Cashing out money from school? bangbang 5 5,605 05-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  whats is this money for?? inpainokla 2 5,181 11-24-2009, 12:14 PM