Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Weeks since I seen the IC dotor
(06-17-2012, 05:33 AM)jayc123 Wrote: Too late i had the ALIF surgery done a week and a half ago. I've been dealing with this 11 months now i would've had any surgery at this point to try and get some relief. But i did ask about every surgery and my WC ins wouldn't pay for laser that's why i asked, i couldn't see an ic paying for that because of they way they explained it to me, not that its bad, its just that they said said it was just too new and not proven to them. But by the time they approve anything there's always something new that's better and less invasive,good luck. How much does the laser cost?
(06-16-2012, 03:13 PM)darrinb Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 02:34 PM)jayc123 Wrote: Did WC approve laser surgery? I wish mine did, I'm sitting here with an 8 inch incision across my stomach a lot higher up than i was told it would be, and finding it harder to straighten out everyday(which i hope is normal) and no meds cause i don't want to take morphine, good luck with yours, let us know

No they did not. I am doing it on my own. WC went against their 1st doctor & order a 2nd opinion. That doctor went against the 1st but never gave me a note removing me from restrictions

That sucks, i know what you mean, i was completely taken off work for 8 months by 4 separate docs then miraculously when i walked through this surgeons door he said i was able to lift 20 pounds repeatedly all day. I told him i can't sit, stand, or lay down in the same position for a half hour but just talking to you made that all go away. I told him he was the best surgeon i ever heard of. His decision cost me $100 out of each check, luckily my work doesn't have restricted work or id be alot worse

They told me that the surgery will cost $100,000. I am going throught my own insurance so my out of pocket will cost me $3,500.

@ darrin - I would wait for my medical exam with them before I had anything done. Maybe then they might consider to pay for your surgery ( maybe not laser ) but it is worth a shot.. i would discuss with my atty and get his opinion if I was you just to see.. If they see you are better after surgery and you paid for it, then if there is a problem with the surgery it then falls on you so to speak b/c you took the step to have done... But I would definitely ask him / her for their thoughs....

Again good luck!

(06-17-2012, 01:18 PM)hurt back Wrote: @ darrin - I would wait for my medical exam with them before I had anything done. Maybe then they might consider to pay for your surgery ( maybe not laser ) but it is worth a shot.. i would discuss with my atty and get his opinion if I was you just to see.. If they see you are better after surgery and you paid for it, then if there is a problem with the surgery it then falls on you so to speak b/c you took the step to have done... But I would definitely ask him / her for their thoughs....

Again good luck!

The IC had closed my WC on the bases of their second opinion doctor that went against the opinion of the doctor the had recommended the surgery. However the second doctor never gave me a note lefting the restriction of the first doctor.

Once my attorney told me about the permanency exam I asked him if I should wait until after the exam. He told me that he can not tell me not to have the surgery. I then asked him how would having the surgery before the exam affect my case. He told me that any surgery will only increase the permanency rate, but don't have the surgery for that reason only. He told me if I feel that it is needed then have it.

This is a reopener I was already given a permanency rating the first time. I am not sure at what percentage. The IC want to know if the permanency had increased.

As promise I will post my recovery from laser surgery. I had my surgery yesterday 6/18/2012. I think I will start another thread to post my recovery also.

Day of Surgery: Arrived at 6:30 am. Surgery started around 7:30-8:00 I was home around 1:30PM. Althought I was in some pain I was able to walk on my own with the aid of a cane. Had problems getting in & out of bed.

Day 1 after: Getting around better with cane and able to walk short distance without cane. Able bathe myself in shower althought I still can't bend lower enough to wash feet or leg.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  M.A. IME in a few weeks spoe.eops 0 522 09-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: spoe.eops
  104 weeks ttd Lostandconfused 4 1,406 09-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Pay went down From $446. To $211. After 12 weeks stangbill 3 1,913 06-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Mmi releasing me with no restrictions. MRI shows ruptured disk 3 weeks ago stangbill 6 3,720 06-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Will I lose my job after being out on leave for longer than 12 weeks? cainjuredworker 3 3,840 02-04-2016, 12:30 AM
  Can you Leave the Country for 2 Weeks when You Are on W/C mike985 4 8,248 12-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Last Post: rolandlaw
  Florida 104 weeks Martymarr2009 1 1,882 10-27-2015, 06:05 PM
  florida 104 weeks maxzillia 1 2,580 06-22-2015, 11:07 AM
  Where's my check? 6 weeks post surgery!! Osok 2 3,900 05-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Osok
  3 1/2 weeks later FunPops 0 2,728 07-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Last Post: FunPops