Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Weeks since I seen the IC dotor
I seen the WC doctor 3 weeks ago and he told me that i needed surgery but he will need to do a discagram. He told me that as soon as the insurance company approves it he will make the appointment.

I have contacted the IC to see what was taking so long at first they told me that they was waiting for the doctor report. Then they told me that they wants to know why he is going to do a discogram instead of CMG. Not to sure if it was called a CMG but it was something like that.

Does this sound right after all it's their doctor.

(02-19-2012, 04:54 PM)darrinb Wrote: I seen the WC doctor 3 weeks ago and he told me that i needed surgery but he will need to do a discagram. He told me that as soon as the insurance company approves it he will make the appointment.

I have contacted the IC to see what was taking so long at first they told me that they was waiting for the doctor report. Then they told me that they wants to know why he is going to do a discogram instead of CMG. Not to sure if it was called a CMG but it was something like that.

I had to wait 13 months after my Doctor said I needed surgery. 3 weeks is not very long in this WC World. They will put it off;give you the run around etc.

I had to wait 13 months after my Doctor said I needed surgery. 3 weeks is not very long in this WC World. They will put it off;give you the run around etc.

[/quote]

Wow. What kind of surgery did you have and what was the outcome? I was told that I need a spinal fusion.

Spinal fusion at T11,T12, AND L1. Anterior Corpectomy.
(02-19-2012, 08:50 PM)darrinb Wrote: I had to wait 13 months after my Doctor said I needed surgery. 3 weeks is not very long in this WC World. They will put it off;give you the run around etc.

Wow. What kind of surgery did you have and what was the outcome? I was told that I need a spinal fusion.
[/quote]

A Titianium cage at T12,L1 with bolts,plate,screws and it was fused with bone from my rib. Anterior Corpectomy

the time limits for medical approvals is different for different states.
if you are not going to post your state every time, put it in your profile to make it easier for readers to know how to reply.
what works in one state may not for yours.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-19-2012, 10:30 PM)1171 Wrote: the time limits for medical approvals is different for different states.
if you are not going to post your state every time, put it in your profile to make it easier for readers to know how to reply.

Thanks, I am in New Jersey

(02-20-2012, 08:52 AM)darrinb Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 10:30 PM)1171 Wrote: the time limits for medical approvals is different for different states.

only in cases of emergency will New Jersey allow the employee to choose their own treatment.
should they deny necessary medical you can appeal to the work comp court.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-19-2012, 04:54 PM)darrinb Wrote: I seen the WC doctor 3 weeks ago and he told me that i needed surgery but he will need to do a discagram. He told me that as soon as the insurance company approves it he will make the appointment.

My youngest brother used to be a cop in a very large city. The ER doctor said that his back probably needed rodding due to the injury (rear-ended, totalled the police car), 4 WC doctors within 3 months of the injury said the same thing. My brother was finally operated on 15 months after his accident and that was done on an emergency basis because he lost feeling in both of his legs and couldn't even stand. Then it was another 8 month battle in court to see who would pay. Yeah they lost, 3 years after his injury my brother finally got behind the seat of a squad car again.

Three weeks is nothing, it's a waiting game unfortunately on our end because they just don't care and because well frankly, they can delay, delay, delay.

(02-20-2012, 12:13 PM)1171 Wrote:

only in cases of emergency will New Jersey allow the employee to choose their own treatment.

It's the doctor that WC sent me to that recommended the surgery, so can they deny their doctor recommendation? I under stand the delaying of service.
(02-20-2012, 04:12 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote:

My youngest brother used to be a cop in a very large city. The ER doctor said that his back probably needed rodding due to the injury (rear-ended, totalled the police car), 4 WC doctors within 3 months of the injury said the same thing. My brother was finally operated on 15 months after his accident and that was done on an emergency basis because he lost feeling in both of his legs and couldn't even stand. Then it was another 8 month battle in court to see who would pay. Yeah they lost, 3 years after his injury my brother finally got behind the seat of a squad car again.

Three weeks is nothing, it's a waiting game unfortunately on our end because they just don't care and because well frankly, they can delay, delay, delay.

It's a same that the insurance company take our money every month but when you need them that don't want to help.

I am sorry about your brother. I hope that he is fine. Was he working in New Jersey? What was he doing during the 15 months? Was he at least working on a modify duty?

(02-20-2012, 05:34 PM)darrinb Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 12:13 PM)1171 Wrote:

It's the doctor that WC sent me to that recommended the surgery, so can they deny their doctor recommendation? I under stand the delaying of service.
(02-20-2012, 04:12 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote:

It's a same that the insurance company take our money every month but when you need them that don't want to help.

I am sorry about your brother. I hope that he is fine. Was he working in New Jersey? What was he doing during the 15 months? Was he at least working on a modify duty?

San Antonio, he was home the entire time, unable to work. He's retired from the force now, back healed just fine, it just should of never of taken that long.

The only good thing out of it was that he got the maximum amount of payout that the state allows.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  M.A. IME in a few weeks spoe.eops 0 496 09-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: spoe.eops
  104 weeks ttd Lostandconfused 4 1,345 09-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Pay went down From $446. To $211. After 12 weeks stangbill 3 1,867 06-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Mmi releasing me with no restrictions. MRI shows ruptured disk 3 weeks ago stangbill 6 3,634 06-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Will I lose my job after being out on leave for longer than 12 weeks? cainjuredworker 3 3,788 02-04-2016, 12:30 AM
  Can you Leave the Country for 2 Weeks when You Are on W/C mike985 4 8,150 12-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Last Post: rolandlaw
  Florida 104 weeks Martymarr2009 1 1,850 10-27-2015, 06:05 PM
  florida 104 weeks maxzillia 1 2,553 06-22-2015, 11:07 AM
  Where's my check? 6 weeks post surgery!! Osok 2 3,857 05-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Osok
  3 1/2 weeks later FunPops 0 2,712 07-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Last Post: FunPops