Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CALIFORNIA ASKS FOR INPUT...
The state of California, Department of Workers Compensation is requesting public input into efforts to improve the California Workers' Compensation System for all it's citizens.
There will be public hearings in April across the state and they will accept email input as well.
“Improvements are needed to get injured workers back to work and to remove the imbalance of costs and benefits currently in the system,” said DWC Administrative Director Rosa Moran.

if you have ideas that will help, contact them.

More here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/dwc_newslines/...12-12.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-19-2012, 01:47 PM)1171 Wrote: The state of California, Department of Workers Compensation is requesting public input into efforts to improve the California Workers' Compensation System for all it's citizens.
There will be public hearings in April across the state and they will accept email input as well.
“Improvements are needed to get injured workers back to work and to remove the imbalance of costs and benefits currently in the system,” said DWC Administrative Director Rosa Moran.

if you have ideas that will help, contact them.

More here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/dwc_newslines/...12-12.html

Im not sure my input would help California, Alabama is still in the stone age when it comes to helping their workers actually get well and back to work. Ive already been blackballed and will never work in this state again even if I could work. There are tons of things that employers and employees can do to make this thing work, but when you put a lawyer and a gov agency in the mix, then well everybody wants a cut of the pie now dont they. Sorry if I dont sugar coat things, but 12 years of pain and neglegence have made me a bit bitter to say the least. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day..............not!

I wish it worked better in every case.
and you are correct, any fix has to work well for all the components in the system: doctors, lawyers, courts, employers, politicians, as well as voters and employees.
it's difficult to see the big picture when you are in pain.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-19-2012, 11:15 PM)1171 Wrote: I wish it worked better in every case.
and you are correct, any fix has to work well for all the components in the system: doctors, lawyers, courts, employers, politicians, as well as voters and employees.
it's difficult to see the big picture when you are in pain.

Honestly, I dont have a problem at this point seeing through the pain,you learn to block out as much as you can till you cant take it any longer and then go to E R and hit them with the biggest E R bill you can. That get their attention. That get them talking again. That get the case nurses and private detectices ti stop trying to bully the doctors into sending a person thats been on PTD for 4 years . If people like this think I gave up a 6 figure salary, went through 26 surgeries and complications that nearly killed me and to be 54 years old with all these ailments, and they think I can find a job, well, welcome to Oz my friend, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Im just sick of the stigma that surrounds us all. Ive had two case nurses that had husbands that are injured, and they both had to leave my case to take care of their husbands, so they know what its all about, but you dont see anyone badgering or following them. Aw, excrement, Im going to bed, Im getting cranky. Nite, all......J

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 out of 4 major injuries not reported, employer asks me to stop California WC claim bumdeal 4 2,944 03-22-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Looking for input - CA work comp *relapse BB019 23 13,777 01-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Last Post: BB019
  Settlement Input Alabama sharrell 3 3,086 11-19-2015, 12:14 AM
Last Post: 1171
  looking for some input on my ankle injury hmiyazima79 3 3,623 09-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Cool when attorney asks for minimal fees... sonny1 1 2,831 05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  So Confused - Need some input Me Myself-n-I 1 2,786 01-21-2011, 12:59 PM
  Need Input......AGAIN!!!!!! bagpussinamerica 11 8,130 10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  need input please rhonda53 5 4,277 10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Moved Topic For More Input MJC 2 3,460 09-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
Question Really could use some input! Driven To Recover 8 5,715 06-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees