Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Dominick
Dominick has caught his first cold, coughing, runny nose and congested.. We brought him in yesterday and said it was a viral and should be through the worse of it.. I think half our town has it, I was fine until today and have started with sinus preasure.. We have to watch Dominick for signs of wheezing, I have asthma bad, my oldest son has asthma but seems to be out growing it.. I will wait a few days to see if I need to go in because every time I get sinus infection it always leeds to phemonia. I'm praying Dominick wont have asthma and hoping his worst is over....

poor baby.....I wondered where you were and what was keeping you busy....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

usually he likes to sit on my lap while Im on the computer, he dont want nothing to do with it... If babies only knew how to blow thier noses, he hates having it suctioned out.. Drs say stem and plenty of fluids, the steam is the oppisite for me makes mine stuffed.. He dont want his formula , I think with the mucus it was upsetting his stomach.. I learned yesterday that to give him gatorade 50/50 with water to keep fluids in him.. I was skeptical with the dr saying it, he only likes the cool blue flavor.. he has been up since 2 am, hacking and crying.. I didnt take my nighttime meds for the fear of this and thank god I didnt.... I finnaly got him to sleep an hour ago so hopefully he will feel better when he awakes..... I will have to stay clear from my mother until this gets over and runs its course..

I always mixed vicks and vasoline half and half and put it on the babies feet and back to help them breathe and put them in footed pjs...vapoizers in their rooms...I guess thats all old fashioned now but it worked then...all this new stuff for babies confuses me....

Jayne at first I read that wrong, I thought you were mixing Vicks & gasoline.

Bronco give Dominick a kiss from his Aunt Bummer Knees.

(02-10-2012, 11:23 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: Dominick has caught his first cold, coughing, runny nose and congested.. We brought him in yesterday and said it was a viral and should be through the worse of it.. I think half our town has it, I was fine until today and have started with sinus preasure.. We have to watch Dominick for signs of wheezing, I have asthma bad, my oldest son has asthma but seems to be out growing it.. I will wait a few days to see if I need to go in because every time I get sinus infection it always leeds to phemonia. I'm praying Dominick wont have asthma and hoping his worst is over....

Poor Dominick and poor dad, babies just don't do well with colds. Then add the insult with the dreaded nose sucker. Blue gatorade, babies like that, well that's a new one on me. Hope you're both better soon. Asthma sucks, my oldest has it, I've often prayed that he'd grow out of it but it's not going to happen. The meds that they give little kids today for asthma just make them so hyper. Tis the season for chasing after one's nose, I should of taken a stock option years ago in puffs and vicks.

Hope you're body feeling better soon,
Bodybuilder

Thanks gang, He is alot better this morning except for his cough... I couldnt believe they said gatorade either, even on the drs directions it said warm lemonade.. I am a big fan of lemonade, even before dominick was sick he would come up to me for a sip..

He has grown so much in the last months, he can reach the top of the table and often tries to grab anything thats near the edge.. He can get up now on his own and stand but doesnt try to walk.. We went to wally world and got him a push toy, and it turns into a riding toy.. He does walk that accross the living room so I think by the end of the month he will be walking.. I just cant wait for spring to be here, its going to be a blast to get him outside once its warm enough.......

A blast? yeah Buddy......hes gonna run you ragged.....make you wish you were you were a teen again just to keep up.....lol

You are probably correct, he already crawls about as fast as I can walk.. When he is crawling if we say "Dominick" with alot of enthusiasm (spelling) he goes like a streak and giggles all the way.. He hasnt tried to bite yet, but he sure does like tugging on buster and bronco's ears.. Bronco's eyes get real big and looks at me , they seem to like all the attention dominick gives them but what choice do they have.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dominick bronco54501 4 2,384 08-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Dominick update bronco54501 5 2,520 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Dominick bronco54501 11 5,444 08-26-2012, 09:38 AM
  just a few pics of Dominick bronco54501 10 4,798 11-17-2011, 07:44 PM
  Dominick bronco54501 2 1,758 06-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Last Post: jayne