Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
texas when eligible for work
Question, in Texas, after my husband got a 15% rating from designated doctor, the insurance company disputed the rating (SURPRISE) His 45 weeks are up in May. While we await the decision of the Contested Case Hearing Judge.....What happens if he goes to ,work, in fear of losing the case? DOES HE FORFEIT ALL BENIFITS? Does he have to wait to try to go to work after the 15% times 3 weeks of time expires and he enters into the next phase of benefits before he can attempt working?

his permanent physical impairment exits outside of his work status.
his impairment rating is not affected by whether he works or not -- unless he violates his work restrictions.
his claim continues. medical benefits are not affected by returning to work.
his wage replacement benefits were terminated when he became MMI.

find out more about texas work comp here
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/indexwc.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Tthanks so much, we are between a rock and a hard spot as he really should not ,work, but may have no choice. I was under the impression untill his 45 weeks of benefits were up, he could not work.

Tthanks so much, we are between a rock and a hard spot as he really should not ,work, but may have no choice. I was under the impression untill his 45 weeks of benefits were up, he could not work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Work Injury in Texas carahrozell 1 3,054 11-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Am I eligible Andy 5 3,804 03-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  eligible for anything? hummerbhc@frontiernet.net 12 6,941 12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
Smile I live in florida,work out of ny and hurt in texas.who covers me? healinrain 8 8,373 11-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bronco54501