Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unemployment determination
Question 
Hello I just recieved my notice of determination and was not eligible because im unable to work in my usual occupation. Im from los angeles and would like someone's advice on what i should do ?
It says i can appeal it but im wondering if i should waste my time on this . I dont know what to do , I was realised from doctors care and my employer wont take me back with my restrictions and now i dont qualify for unemployment. I might just kill myself, i cant do anythingSad

first it's critical to get professional help for your suicidal thoughts.
depression from serious injury and the accompanying lifestyle changes is common and can be treated with professional help.

second you should definitely appeal the unemployment determination.
many workers that have had permanent medical restrictions placed on them have qualified.

make sure UI has your complete medical records and a copy of any permanent disability determination from your doctor and/or the comp court.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

WHOA!!! Hold on a second there. I am not sure how unemployment works but if you have the chance to appeal it, do it. It's not over til it's over. Released from doctors care is one thing, your emplyer not taking you back is all relative to the unemployment I would think.

But please don't think of ending life over it. Yes, times get tough, to the point where it seems hopeless...but that is temporary. Suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary problem...it runs in my family. Even if you are not a church goer, reach out. Do you have friends or family that can help navigate you through the unemployment appeal process? I am sure someone on here with more "legal" knowledge will jump in with good advice on that. But PLEASE, sit back, take a deep breath and know that you are not alone. There are alot of people on here that can and will help you, that is why they are here. There has to be some kind of emergency welfare system in your area or local government agencies that can get you help with the things you need..if it is food, shelter etc...

What is your usual occupation? What are your injuries if you don't mind me asking?
Live, Laugh, Love ~

(02-06-2012, 09:15 PM)sonny1 Wrote: WHOA!!! Hold on a second there. I am not sure how unemployment works but if you have the chance to appeal it, do it. It's not over til it's over. Released from doctors care is one thing, your emplyer not taking you back is all relative to the unemployment I would think.

But please don't think of ending life over it. Yes, times get tough, to the point where it seems hopeless...but that is temporary. Suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary problem...it runs in my family. Even if you are not a church goer, reach out. Do you have friends or family that can help navigate you through the unemployment appeal process? I am sure someone on here with more "legal" knowledge will jump in with good advice on that. But PLEASE, sit back, take a deep breath and know that you are not alone. There are alot of people on here that can and will help you, that is why they are here. There has to be some kind of emergency welfare system in your area or local government agencies that can get you help with the things you need..if it is food, shelter etc...

What is your usual occupation? What are your injuries if you don't mind me asking?

I cant get welfare because i dont have children and i dont have any family to help me , I dont know how im gonna survive the appeals process. My usual occupation was in home care and retail and my injuries are a huriniated disc.

did you see what 1171 posted to you? He/She is very knowledgeable on that part of things. Maybe send them a private message or hang in for another person to come in from your area. Are you not getting any $$$ from comp? I don't think you have to have kids to get welfare either. If you are in dire/emergency need, which it sounds like you are, they can probably help you even if it is for a short period of time.....to get you through the appeals. As 1171 said if you have all of your medical documentation,medical restrictions to present to unemployment, maybe your initial paperwork wasn't filled in with all of your injuries,restrictions etc.
Live, Laugh, Love ~

did you see what 1171 posted to you? He/She is very knowledgeable on that part of things. Maybe send them a private message or hang in for another person to come in from your area. Are you not getting any $$$ from comp? I don't think you have to have kids to get welfare either. If you are in dire/emergency need, which it sounds like you are, they can probably help you even if it is for a short period of time.....to get you through the appeals. As 1171 said if you have all of your medical documentation,medical restrictions to present to unemployment, maybe your initial paperwork wasn't filled in with all of your injuries,restrictions etc.
Live, Laugh, Love ~

liz call 211 and explain your situation, perhaps they can set you up with a non-profit that can assist you.

211 is the the United Way Resource Center, they are know for thinking outside of the box to help individuals in need.

This is the national web site.
http://www.211.org/

(02-07-2012, 11:12 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: liz call 211 and explain your situation, perhaps they can set you up with a non-profit that can assist you.

211 is the the United Way Resource Center, they are know for thinking outside of the box to help individuals in need.

This is the national web site.
http://www.211.org/

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resume after WC/unemployment LilyDot 1 1,194 05-21-2018, 11:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Unemployment denied chico1960 12 10,791 01-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Last Post: vinga
  PPD/Unemployment chico1960 2 5,090 12-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Last Post: chico1960
  Forced unemployment??? hurt_teacher 4 5,522 10-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Question unemployment Question lizdawiz82 1 3,852 02-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Last Post: 1171
  California state disability notice of determination section 2629 kylecalifornia 4 14,265 10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Last Post: kylecalifornia
  wc. and unemployment qualification bigdavid 9 10,550 09-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  unemployment combatcop 2 3,789 06-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Last Post: combatcop
  after disability/unemployment? highdesertguy 2 7,477 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Last Post: highdesertguy
  Unemployment mz_ding 10 8,251 05-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Last Post: combatcop