Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dependency causes anxiety
Dependency is causing much anxiety in my life. I have been on 2 Narcotics for 6+ years. I take Norco 10's 4x a day and use a sch 2 pain patch.

My pain stays with me(5-6) but the side effects are horrendous from the Narcotics. I wish I could get rid of these beast in my life; I do not know if I could function without them from a pain and dependency standpoint.

What do you do for pain control? I already do the burnings on my facet nerves but this is temporary help if they hit the right spot and the burnings are really painful to endure.

One day I will have to check in to a facility to see if I can ween off these Narcotics. The thought scares me in more ways than one.

Just blabbing my thoughts.

it is a constant word fuss here between are we addicts or depend on narcs I say it doesnt matter witch word you use its a fact we would go into a huge withdrawel without them. our injury makes us addicts...legal ones but its the same
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(01-31-2012, 02:14 PM)jayne Wrote: it is a constant word fuss here between are we addicts or depend on narcs I say it doesnt matter witch word you use its a fact we would go into a huge withdrawel without them. our injury makes us addicts...legal ones but its the same

100% agree. I am legal and do not take more than prescribed but my body needs these Narcotics in more ways than just pain now.

I also agree, pain causes the addiction.. I believe if one can control thier pain or at best lighten, then keep the narcs comming..

(01-31-2012, 01:17 PM)lucky Wrote: Dependency is causing much anxiety in my life. I have been on 2 Narcotics for 6+ years. I take Norco 10's 4x a day and use a sch 2 pain patch.

My pain stays with me(5-6) but the side effects are horrendous from the Narcotics. I wish I could get rid of these beast in my life; I do not know if I could function without them from a pain and dependency standpoint.

What do you do for pain control? I already do the burnings on my facet nerves but this is temporary help if they hit the right spot and the burnings are really painful to endure.

One day I will have to check in to a facility to see if I can ween off these Narcotics. The thought scares me in more ways than one.

Just blabbing my thoughts.

Lucky those pain patches were my worst enemy when i was on them yrs back. After the first box you are physically additced to them. I was a mess when gettting rid of them. never want to go through that again in my life.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stress and Anxiety fatboy 15 14,864 06-03-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: kevinsteve
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 2,657 09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 2,287 09-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Anxiety fatboy 9 5,604 03-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Last Post: fatboy