Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dr ordered therapy not avail in area?
Injury was in Fl, I have an attorney who is doing very good, I will not be settling. Simple fall-quadriplegic now at one year post accident. First of all I can't stand my wc caseworker. I don't trust her one bit. But I write this to find out if any one knows if there is anything that can be done when an md has ordered a particular therapy that is available in your area by places that accept wc but are not wc certified. There is a place that is almost an hour away, wc provides transport to all my appointments but it is so far it causes my pain and spasm level to get so bad it counter acts any good from the therapy. It would by water therapy, heated to help with walking and muscle spasms.

(01-29-2012, 07:34 PM)Marcma03 Wrote: Injury was in Fl, I have an attorney who is doing very good, I will not be settling. Simple fall-quadriplegic now at one year post accident. First of all I can't stand my wc caseworker. I don't trust her one bit. But I write this to find out if any one knows if there is anything that can be done when an md has ordered a particular therapy that is available in your area by places that accept wc but are not wc certified. There is a place that is almost an hour away, wc provides transport to all my appointments but it is so far it causes my pain and spasm level to get so bad it counter acts any good from the therapy. It would by water therapy, heated to help with walking and muscle spasms.
if you want to object to your current treatment situation, you can request a change from the carrier. if it's denied, you'll have to file an objection with the comp court and you'll need supporting medical opinion.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you, but I don't understand "request a change from the carrier". But your next line helps with what I was wondering-can I file an objection or petition for a variance? Does the 'supporting medical opinion have to be one of their doctors or can it be my surgeon? P.S. how does a place accept wc but not be certified by them?

I was 2 hours away for my therapy. It really stunk but it was a necessity. Have you discussed Alternative areas with your Doctor? I know how you feel. I would do the therapy if at all possible. Tell the driver to stop and allow you to stretch or whatever.. My partner drove me but I never made the full 2 hours without some stop time especially the beginning 2 months. I was in therapy over a year and they paid my mileage.

Also being WC accepted and not being certified by WC is all about money; Probably like a PPO insurance. You go to a Doctor and they tell you yes we accept your insurance BUT they are actually Out of Network causing much higher cost.

for help with Florida's work comp rules on medical treatment
contact the Employee Assistance and Ombudsman Office for assistance at 800 342-1741 or at wceao@myfloridacfo.com.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you both!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tie breaker doctor/ exam what is it? Judge ordered both sides see agreed Feelbad 3 1,667 07-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
  ordered to attend RME by insurance hired doctor brneyedgirl40 18 16,593 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Last Post: brneyedgirl40
  Ordered back to work against doctor's orders Bayan1905 3 8,758 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: hurt back
  dr ordered a fce bronco54501 14 15,418 04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Failed Spinal Fusion at S1-Pelvis area brentaw 6 13,207 03-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Rolleyes court ordered settlement not received kdwilson37 2 8,930 02-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Work Hardening canceled, Epidural ordered jamboski73 9 16,329 01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: jamboski73
  scar tissue around disc area jstadfrntpn 16 21,545 03-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Gatekeeper
  WC ordered neuro-psych exam, what can I expect lpninct 14 25,861 08-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  need an attorney, in Arizona, Tucson area american-kiwi 3 5,029 06-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy