Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDI Decission next week....getting nervous
Determination should be made next week on his SSDI. I was pretty confident he would be approved even knowing denials are the norm. Receiving the work history/rehabilitationist report the day before his exam was perfect timing. I also dropped a copy off to SSDI as well. The report was detailed and seemed to take in account all the things SSDI does to make their determination. It was about 60 pages with printouts of jobs in his field as well as the requirements. It also included results from the actual testing performed and the questionnaire he completed. The orthopedic intern seemed to take his time and asked several questions as well as request copies of some of the medical evidence we had brought with us.

As its getting harder to stay afloat financially, I can't help but hope its approved. I did let them know that financially, this approval was needed as well. Not sure if it helped but she is aware. He's never received anything stating what he would qualify for if approved so I'm taking that as a sign of denial. Do they let you know what you qualify for or do they wait till your approved before you get the amount your eligible for monthly? The drs report should be in this week and a determination made next week. Fingers crossed!!!

they dont tell you the amount till you are approved.First I knew I was approved it showed up in my checking account.Where do you live that you are getting the decission so quickly?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Kansas City, Mo

Keep an eye on your checking account
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Go to http://www.socialsecurity.gov and register. I found out I was approved by using this website. I found out 2 weeks this way before I found out by mail.
This site will tell you the day you are approved.

I do check the website. It has always said a determination hasn't been made that they are reviewing the medical portion of the claim. I'm not sure if I entered account info. I guess if they asked for it I did. I guess as depressing as it is to check the account I will start doing it. She said the drs report from his exam should be in this week and will make a determination next week. I don't see how they could deny him with the rehabilitationist report but I do know most are denied at first.

I hope all goes well.

I was denied in six weeks the first time. After I requested consideration and I sent in more info as well as the got some more info. from one of the drs.. I was approved the second time in six weeks.

I found a check in the mail about two weeks before I got an approval letter from them.

I hope all goes well.

If you don't mind, can you tell me when your first applied?? I am just curious. I look at the states and how long it takes fro people to get a decision on average.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I filled out the online app beginning of Oct. We took all medical records in but they also requested them from his drs. His psych dr was slow getting records in and they had to request them a couple times.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IME Comming up ...nervous they gonna screw with me... Kobraky 17 23,395 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Tink
  Nervous about QME 3-31-10 Sunshine7 4 4,863 03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Lumbar Epidural Injection and Nervous st. clare 6 11,464 12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Money problems/nervous breakdown whatamess 14 10,371 07-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  kneeless and nervous kneeless 16 5,415 07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Last Post: kneeless