Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schawn Man an update & games
I've posted on here about my friend V., the Schawn Man who delivers to my home.

About a year ago the Schawn man was in a work accident, his truck rolled end over end with him being thrown out of the vehicle and landing near by.

He was off work and in the hospital for 3 months with part of that time being in ICU. When he returned to work he was given a driver who also would do any required lifting.

V. is off work again due to issues with his back. I meet the subsitituite Schawn driver a few minutes ago.

I asked the substituite driver how V. was, his response was, "He says he is having problems with his back" Then the guy had the guts to say, "But I think he just needed a day off" the guy said this a big grin on his face.

I am mad, mad, mad, over this guys response!
My friend had some very serious injuries, the WC doctor made the statement he dosen't know how my friend is walking due to his injuries.

I do hope you shut him down,but knowing you you were a polite southern lady....makes you want to vomit doesnt it?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You might tell that particular Schwann's man that he needs to stop 'assuming', assuming that your regular delivery man needs a day off. Until he walks in that guy's shoes he just doesn't have a clue.

Saying a prayer for your Schwann's delivery man.

Well I am tinking about calling the Schawn Company and informing them I do not want the substituite driver back in my home due to his remarks about V.

But would that be causing problems for V. when he returns to work?

it might who knows
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(01-25-2012, 05:11 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Well I am tinking about calling the Schawn Company and informing them I do not want the substituite driver back in my home due to his remarks about V.

But would that be causing problems for V. when he returns to work?

If you call them just say you're not happy with the substitute driver, do not mention V. But I'd tread very, very carefully, quite the tight rope.

Let it go. You are only going to highlight to the company that there are problems with the current setup.

I agree with admin, from my own expierence when I was injured as a driver/delivery. It will cause the company to question thier ethics and may rain down on V.... Many of my outlets complained after I was injured about the replacement drivers and that put them into a position to preasure me to come back ready or not.. But personaly, I would set the driver straight and show you support V and tell him he will never replace him, and will never come close to V's costumer services...

Thanks for the answers and I have thought this over. I agree, I need to let this go but if the substituite drivers shows up at my home I will ask him to leave and tell him why.

I will also let V. know what took place.

It all boils down to the stigma of work comp in the work place and by the public and the lack of education about work comp.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back to playing more games Manley2 15 7,867 04-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Update on Schawn Driver Bummer Knees 5 4,363 11-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Games by my lawyer and respondent bodybuilder1958 3 3,811 06-21-2011, 11:06 PM
  WC games at pre-op tests bodybuilder1958 6 7,078 04-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Games WC play bodybuilder1958 1 4,989 06-23-2010, 11:44 PM
  There Games Cervical_Fusion 3 3,493 12-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Forum Games and Prizes Using Alexa Toolbar admin 32 20,955 04-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Is the insurance company playing games? Bummer Knees 38 29,356 01-13-2009, 11:36 AM
  Poll games red1030 11 10,276 07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Last Post: red1030
Toungue games for old people hurt at work 8 6,125 07-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Last Post: hurt at work