Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Issues and Christmas Presents.
So I know I have been missing from the forum for some time. I have been spending a lot of time going through more testing and doing pre-op procedures getting ready for a three level ACDF in my neck. Just waiting on the results of my carboxy/hemoglobin test, one more visit with the neurosurgeon and then setting the date for the surgery. I am currently on chantix trying to quit smoking (almost to the point of stopping) although today hasn't been a good day for it.

Once I have had some time to recuperate from that, I am sure that my PM is going to push for the scs trial. Especially when I ask him to up the doseage of my meds when I see him tomorrow. They just aren't working as good as they did when I first started taking them. But from everything I have read, I am on a very low dose to begin with.. 25 mg's of methadone x 2 a day and 300 mg's gabepentin x 2 per day. My neurosurgeon is also going to move the ulnar nerve in my left arm, as I have lost all feeling in half of it since I had the ct myelogram.

I've been kept quite busy by my Christmas present ever since it arrived. Randy bought me a designer puppy called a "Teddy Bear" .. mix of Lhasa Apso and Bichon Frise. I am having to start from scratch on training him...but he is a very fast learner. Close to being potty trained.. although we are going to get serious about it this coming week. He has learned to come when called by his name "Rebel", sit, stay, fetch, sit up (beg) and crate trained for the night time. The only thing I have found that he doesn't like is traveling as we have to put him in his travel carrier..otherwise, he would be all over the car and pose a danger to the driver. He's going to be a small dog, probably somewhere between 7 to 10 lbs when full grown. Once I figure our how to post pictures again, I will be putting several of him on here.

Angel ^j^

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

I do hope Angel you are happier with your cervical surgery than I was.....stock soft foods and icecream.....it didnt help me at all just put more pressure on the discs on the disc above and below the cage and they blew so did more damage than good.....hope you enjoy your puppy they are good for the soul...get you a rice sock to sleep with it will help....get one of your kids to post your pics its what I do Admin wont let anyone teach me hes afraid of me LOL
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Good luck with the surgery. I had gel pads & ice pads in my freezer so I could rotate around the clock.

So glad my ACDF is over but know there will be another one in my future. The last films already showed some problems.

think hard Kathy.....it will just bring on another one.....

? Guess I am not connecting the dots Jayne

Kathy the fusion I had done has caused the disc above and below to blow..if I get them fused within a year the discs above and or below it will blow....its called the domino effect...to me its not worth it...till I cant stand it any longer....

Jayne it is my primary who has told me another ACDF is in my future. This is an osteopath doctor and he has been on target with everything the surgeons have said in the past.

The neurosurgeon I had is wonderful but I still have to wonder why the MRI was already showing problems with C-5 six months after surgery.

scar tissue maybe? I dont know....I just know what has happend to most I have spoken to and to me.And my PCP has confirmed this.

That happend to me also, my first ACDF was a single fusion, then 5 or 6 yrs later I had the domino effect the one above and below went. Only reason I allowed them to go back and do a triple fusion was the original bracket that was put on during the first fusion had shifted and the screws were not secure anymore, so the bracket had to be removed, all because of the domino effect. Good luck with yours.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prilosec issues Manley2 12 9,629 07-11-2020, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Lewis-H
  Insomnia and Next Day alertness issues... 1171 4 4,925 03-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Tornado issues fatboy 4 5,219 10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Gathering WC Issues.... red1030 104 34,205 09-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Health issues-don't use glasses at hotels CRABBY 2 2,451 12-05-2007, 03:24 PM