Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get released from total temporary disability?
State= California

I got beat up at work by a coworker who got fired. 8 months later I won a large settlement. I was also fired from my job.. which I don't care too much about because the settlement was twice the size of my yearly salary, and another competing company recruited me this month. So everything is going good for me. I got a ton of money, I ain't feeling even a micro sized pinch of pain, and I got recruited by a company that wants to pay me way more money than my previous company(the one I sued).
The new company who hired me knows about my workers compensation claim and how my doctor put me on temporary total disability. They want me to bring them a note that shows that I am "released and ready to go back to work" and "not injured". My problem is that my workers compensation doctor and I didn't get along very well. Even though he was on my side, and helped me win my case, he was very rude, angry, racist and even told me that he believed I was "faking my injury". He would would call me "gay" and "stupid" in Spanish with his nurses believing I couldn't understand his language. I don't want to give this man another penny.
My question is:
1-Can I get a release note from a doctor who isn't the same one who put me on disability?

1171 will be along to answer you...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

sure.
whether your new employer will accept it or not is another question.
it's really up to them as to what kind of clearance they require.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-16-2012, 04:19 AM)UncleRuckus Wrote: State= California

I got beat up at work by a coworker who got fired. 8 months later I won a large settlement. I was also fired from my job.. which I don't care too much about because the settlement was twice the size of my yearly salary, and another competing company recruited me this month. So everything is going good for me. I got a ton of money, I ain't feeling even a micro sized pinch of pain, and I got recruited by a company that wants to pay me way more money than my previous company(the one I sued).
The new company who hired me knows about my workers compensation claim and how my doctor put me on temporary total disability. They want me to bring them a note that shows that I am "released and ready to go back to work" and "not injured". My problem is that my workers compensation doctor and I didn't get along very well. Even though he was on my side, and helped me win my case, he was very rude, angry, racist and even told me that he believed I was "faking my injury". He would would call me "gay" and "stupid" in Spanish with his nurses believing I couldn't understand his language. I don't want to give this man another penny.
My question is:
1-Can I get a release note from a doctor who isn't the same one who put me on disability?

Although it is ultimately up to the your new employer if they accept the note, I would change your treating doctor.

That way when you get the note you can explain that you were going to do this anyway and that this is the doctor who will be handling your claim. Since the new doc will be the PTP, no reason to not accept the release.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  released full duty but still have arm/leg weakness backwater 1 796 10-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Cost of total knee replacement Treeburn 10 26,319 01-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: queenlee
  Can Total Temporary Disability checks stop without the final written QME report? cainjuredworker 14 10,117 11-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Released to work! Now What? Fusion26 17 12,093 08-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Fusion26
  Total knee replacement Fordman 5 4,400 08-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Permanent Total Ohio leomias 1 2,894 03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
  Permanent Total Ohio leomias 1 2,219 03-25-2015, 11:20 AM
  Has anyone experienced problems with their total hip replacements beentherenstillwaitin 1 2,553 02-18-2015, 02:18 PM
  perm total disability awarded/atty fees lisawilson7991 4 6,226 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
  CA WC total denial, covering medical...HELP, ADVICE, PERSPECTIVE?! BrokenandBeaten 6 7,454 06-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Last Post: BrokenandBeaten