Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fibromyalgia
Has anyone here been diagnosied with this and had it added to the wc claim. If you have it can you please describe the symptoms you have how you were dx and how it effects you personaly.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I know I have given alot of people here hell over diet drinks because of the aspartimene in them which has been proven to make Fibro symptoms worse as well as MS symptoms worse.As well as it can turn to poisen when heated to a certain temp.Diet soda doesnt have near the shelf life of reg soda....I know that Bill was not allowed to keep diet sodas in the trucks overnight they had to be off loaded and kept cool.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

CF, if you have a FB account there are numerous sites and forum groups you can join to learn all about fibromyalgia, help and support.

If you really want to add this to your wc claim, your doctor should report that the fibromyalgia is a consequence of your injury, then your attorney can add it to your claim. WC may or may not accept it Personally I didn't want to do this.

It doesn't add much to your rating, if anything.

Have you been dx'd? Usually a rheumatologist is the one who will dx'd fibromyalgia.
Let Go, and Let God......

From what I've read FB is rarely related to the WC injury since it's more of an autoimmune condition not injury related.

I do not Fibromyalgia but I do have CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) another nerve problem. Not sure if the symptoms are the same or not but I can tell you my symptoms are hell. It is in my hands/wrists, where my injuries are and the symptoms range from: burning, like on fire pain, pin pricks, pins/needles, stiffness, knife stabbing, electrical shocks out of nowhere, ice cold, numbness...sensitivity to heat/cold. If I pick up a can of pop out of the fridge, it sends my hand into a whirlwind of pain, I have to use a towel to grab it. Sometimes I cannot feel hot water until it has already burned my skin.

Those are just some of the things I can think of off of the top of my head right now, but with that, there are a ton of other things that I lost with that (memory, concentration etc) aside from the pain. no fun. My situation arose out of several hand surgeries and from the last one in particular.....my cast was too tight, it had to be changed 3 times and it was too tight still, but I was left in it anyways for the 4-6 weeks and the bruises went all the way from my thumb up to my elbow. I kept telling Dr. something didn't feel right.....and here we are!
Live, Laugh, Love ~

I do not Fibromyalgia but I do have CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) another nerve problem. Not sure if the symptoms are the same or not but I can tell you my symptoms are hell. It is in my hands/wrists, where my injuries are and the symptoms range from: burning, like on fire pain, pin pricks, pins/needles, stiffness, knife stabbing, electrical shocks out of nowhere, ice cold, numbness...sensitivity to heat/cold. If I pick up a can of pop out of the fridge, it sends my hand into a whirlwind of pain, I have to use a towel to grab it. Sometimes I cannot feel hot water until it has already burned my skin.

Those are just some of the things I can think of off of the top of my head right now, but with that, there are a ton of other things that I lost with that (memory, concentration etc) aside from the pain. no fun. My situation arose out of several hand surgeries and from the last one in particular.....my cast was too tight, it had to be changed 3 times and it was too tight still, but I was left in it anyways for the 4-6 weeks and the bruises went all the way from my thumb up to my elbow. I kept telling Dr. something didn't feel right.....and here we are!
Live, Laugh, Love ~

A friend of mine that I met at the pain clinic has Fibromyalgia and she told me that hers was related to fall down the stairs at work and that she is on W/C. All I can figure out, because her English if very poor, is that they only pay only her medications. She is has just gotten a divorce and has no money and is waiting for disability. She has an attorney and she told me that he was sorting out her portion of workers comp and the disability, but I still can't work it out. It is hard to keep her on the topic for long enough to figure out exactly what is going on. I do know that she was working full time before her fall, and then her symptoms started right after she fell down some concrete stairs sliding all along her back, from the bottom of the neck all the way down to the sacral area. Nothing showed up on xrays except a small bone that her doctor said she was born without, and some narrowing of the spinal column.

Symptoms, again hard to figure out since I think she attributes all pain that she has now to Fibromyalgia, which I don't think is the case. She has swelling and pain in her hands. Radiating pain from the small of her back radiating downwards and pelvic pain. Again I don't know if the pelvic pain is due to something that time of the month thing or something else. She seems to have more pain at night and not so much in the mornings. She is able to do much of her activities, only very slowly and spaced out. But then there are days where she can't feel up do doing much at all. She was recently working up until September of last year part time, then she had to stop working because she was not able to do that any longer. She seems to have no idea of what she should be applying for. Social Security, Workers Comp, or Unemployment. I am surprised that her attorney has not really explained much to her. Her ex filled out some disability papers for her and she has been told that there is some money coming her way, but no one seems to know when she will get it, or if she even filled out the right papers. Her husband divorced her because of her gain in weight due to the meds she takes, believe it or not, and after 18 years of marriage was kicked out of the family home, without her children and no money at all coming from him. I don't understand how this has happened other than he was remarkably clever in making sure she felt too much guilt if she asked for money to live on...he told her that she was so selfish that she would like it if he took the money out of their childrens mouths and their college fund, to help her to live!!!! Life never seems to amaze me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fibromyalgia Cervical_Fusion 4 4,683 04-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion