Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oklahoma injured knee
Ok I have a question. If one doctor says the only way to fix my knee is a total knee replacement but he also says I am too young for one. What happens if I refuse it for now can they make me get one and can I wait till I really have to have one and comp still pay for it. Either way with or without I am not going to be able to do the job that I have done for the last 10 years. Will they retrain me?

Okla has a lot of new regs in place to hold the IW toes to the fire...suggest you get a lawyer to help you go thru them.....lots of IW with new knees on here suggest you "talk" to them Bummer knees and Bodybuilder both have had them done....Are you closer to Tulsa or Okla City?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

medical treatment is always advisory and voluntary; the choice of treatment remains yours.
liability for future surgery would require your case to be reopened which is limited by law to 3yrs from the date of the last court order or award. maintenance treatment would continue.

retraining is only one option available under vocational rehabilitation. an evaluation by a VR expert would make recommendations as to the most feasible options that would be provided.

more info here
http://www.owcc.state.ok.us/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you. I am closer to ok city.. The main reason I would like to put the knee replacements off is because I hear they are only good for 12 to 20 years and that would put me at needing another and possibly two at my age. Who would be responsible for those?

Delaying knee replacement surgery can lead to other injuries.

My left knee was in very bad shape from my work accident yet the insurance company delayed & denied medical treatment for 3 years. As a result the other knee was injured ( overuse injury along with injuries of the lumbar spine.

depends on the wording of your settlement paperwork, it is why you need a good lawyer.If you dont have one now I suggest you get one you can trust.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I have talked to an attoeney. He sent me to his doctor and he said I should get a second.d opinion, my problem is that with my job, I have to be on my Hans and knees a lot and wither way I am not going to be able to do it with or without a knee replacement. So far workers comp hasn't fought anything as far a treatment and they have been paying me ttd

I ws sent for a second opinion, in all the doctor who did the knee replacement surgery was the 10th doctor I was sent to.

That doctor had a bit of a chip on his shoulder, he asked me, "What makes you think you need a knee replacement?"

My response was, "Because 9 doctors tell me I do"

THe insurance company kept sending me to doctors trying to get a doctor to say I did not need a knee replacement, never happened! All said a knee replacement was the only course of treatment.

My knee was so bad it would collaspe and I would start to fall even with the use of a cane. Some days I could take only a couple of steps other days a few more steps. I would count the steps to the enterance of a building, if I could not park next to the door I knew I would not be able to walk inside. I would have to cancel my appointment or scheduled meetings.

See mine isn't that bad yet. I cam still walk on it and use it but if I do to much it swells and becomes very painful. If I don't do a whole lot it isn't that bad....but so far I have had the artscopic surgery and euflexxa injections but the doctor said the only way to FIX it is total knee replacement and i know if I do that now I'm going tri have to have another in at least 12 years. And I just don't know what to do.

sounds like you have time to decide.
you might have more information later.
you should talk to your atty about pursuing vocational rehabilitation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 8 3,547 12-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 0 1,105 12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Stupid Knees
  Oklahoma rolls back Worker Rights in comp 1171 3 3,788 05-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Oklahoma ? chris moorman 14 13,302 05-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  multi injury trust fund in oklahoma jhokern 2 8,110 03-16-2011, 12:59 AM
  Hurt Knee In Oklahoma efan0388 6 8,806 11-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Oklahoma Republicans vote to restrict Comp benefits 1171 22 19,565 04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Finding a Doctor (Oklahoma City, OK) gdonwallace 2 7,936 06-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Last Post: gdonwallace
  confused-Oklahoma tigger 1 2,839 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Question Oklahoma/Back Injury/Physical Therapist refuses treatment for now Questions rob0826 7 8,646 03-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Last Post: rob0826