Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Attorney Timothy Belt. Also, information about Bad Faith Insurance, etc
The Village owns he bldg
What's a tort?

go to another town and sue the village......tort is a claim agaisnt the city
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thanks, Tim, for your time.Smile

Masterly

A husband and wife were having a fine dining experience at their exclusive country club when this stunning young woman comes over to their table, gives the husband a big kiss, says she'll see him later and walks away.

His wife glares at him and says, "Who was that?!"

"Oh," replies the husband, "she's my mistress."

"Well that's the last straw," says the wife. "I've had enough, I want a divorce. I am going to hire the most aggressive, meanest divorce lawyer I can find and make your life miserable."

"I can understand that," replies her husband, "but remember, if we get a divorce it will mean no more wintering in Florida, or the Caribbean, no more summers in Tuscany, no more Bentleys in the garage, and no more country club, and we'll have to sell the 26-room house and move to two smaller homes, but the decision is yours."

Just then, a mutual friend enters the restaurant with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.

"Who's that with Jim?" asks the wife.

"That's his mistress," says her husband.

She replies, "Ours is prettier."

rhedke Wrote:Tim;

I was trying to find the Illinois statue regarding the general public etc...My attorney stated that since it happened on a stairway and something pertaining to the general public use...(I didn't quite understand what he was getting at) that it is hard to prove the case and was one of the reasons I was denied WC...but the stairway I fell up is exclusive to employees only...dimly lit and in need of some repairs (the bldg was built in 1934) our bldg has never been renovated or updated...it is the original police station...just patch work ever done...can I get your opinion..Thanks

I live in Illinois. My injury took place in the middle of a public street, while I was doing mt job (my job is manager of a retail store)! That street is not owned by my former employer and they didn't even try to deny my claim. If your lawyer is saying you can be denied because of where the injury took place, even though you were doing your job when it happened, then I'd be looking for a 2nd opnion from another lawyer, yesterday!

dsny1mom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attorney told me to cash out claim and use own health insurance wcthaway 2 529 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: 1171
  attorney lien question (please) moneyisevil 7 2,693 07-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: TreadingWater
  Attorney question TedYou 1 1,352 12-18-2014, 11:32 PM
  Employer and Carrier - "Bad Faith" Insurance dirckhecking 12 8,727 06-29-2012, 12:58 PM
  AME/Insurance question Collins 12 9,933 03-07-2011, 03:17 PM
  Timothy Belt can you help Jade 2 2,905 11-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Jade
  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMOTHY BELT jayne 5 4,996 05-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Attorney Question Netta 10 6,544 05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  insurance carrier question BooBoosNeck 1 2,897 08-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
Rolleyes Attorney question.. jilly23 10 6,112 09-22-2008, 09:58 AM