Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement Agreement. . . . . .
what is the waiting time at WCAB judge to approve a compromise and release settlement?
CALIFORNIA

each board has their own calendar and workloads as well as each judge within the board.
some situations may require additional information or even a hearing.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-11-2012, 10:48 PM)1171 Wrote: some situations may require additional information or even a hearing.

what information do they need?or why theres a hearing
if bothe parties agreed and sign already.

the law requires a judge to approve all settlements.
sometimes one side tries to take advantage of the other or the terms of the settlement are not legal.
the judge reviews it to make sure it is adequate and the rules are followed.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

what is a "walkthrough" settlement.....?
can anybody do a "walkthrough" process.......
who is entitled to this process........
any thoughts will greatly be appreciated......

rather then use mail or electronic submission the parties can appear at the board and submit the settlement papers and receive an approval if everything is in order.
generally used by attys who are at the board regularly. each board has a time/day set aside to handle them/
if you are unrepresented contact your I&A officer.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

If you are represented, whenever either attorney as at the board and walks though the settlement.

If you are not represented and the carrier mailed your settlement documents, whenever a judge gets around to it. That will vary from board to board.

so is it either one of the party can go for a walkthrough or must be both parties the defense and applicant together......?

(01-23-2012, 07:48 PM)injuredman Wrote: so is it either one of the party can go for a walkthrough or must be both parties the defense and applicant together......?

if there are no questions and the document is signed appropriately, either party can have it approved and file it.
it and the approval will have to be served on all parties of record.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ct 2nd voluntary agreement after a surgery deborah foss 6 3,059 10-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Reached verbal agreement for settlement Judahpraise 1 2,539 01-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Last Post: 1171
Shy Help I need to null an agreement I signed. I was coerced. lumbar81 1 3,537 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
  MCO refuses to treat me anymore unless I sign agreement of treatment awolf58 8 6,700 08-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Last Post: awolf58
  voluntary agreement usetobeswift 2 5,585 11-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Last Post: usetobeswift
  TN/settlement agreement legally binding? TN73108 3 6,872 02-24-2011, 10:12 PM
  Claim Disposition Agreement Offer Made...Need help! injuredinidaho 10 21,183 02-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Last Post: down
  Settlement/Serious Concerns About Agreement Netta 5 6,915 06-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Netta
  Settlement Agreement iowahurtwithquestions 3 4,876 05-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Last Post: iowahurtwithquestions
  3 years and no agreement Hoosier_Daddy 4 4,770 07-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Last Post: chrischris