Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Answers?
Hey, everyone. I was injured on the job in June 2011, I have a herniated disc with sciatic nerve compression. I have been fighting these idiots for 7 months now. My workers comp case worker wasn't doing squat for me so I got an attorney, . He has moved things along somewhat, but still not really getting anywhere. I had an MRI, about a week after my injury, and I have been to several doctors. My a-hole boss, told the insurance company that I hurt myself picking up my daughter, and has screwed my case up somewhat. I have had a teleconference with the state of TN and the insurance adjuster. The state ruled in my favor. I was sent to a neurosurgeon by the insurance for a second opinion and they also favored me, and said it was definitely a work related injury. I just went for another MRI the other day, and my lawyer called telling me that they authorized me for a follow up with that neuro. I was wondering if anyone could give me any help with how much longer I might possibly have to win this, when I might get some kind of compensation, or settlement, and what else could these people possibly need shown to them!!! I haven't had an income since June 2011. I am beginning to wonder what the hell good a lawyer, and this workers comp office is? Sorry, but I am just getting really frustrated. Thanks. Any advice or answers would be appreciated. David.

depends on how soon you can get in front of a judge.
they'd rather delay & settle then start paying benefits.
the only leverage you have to get them to move is having a judges decision. keep pushing for a court date and object to any postponements.
don't be surprised if your own atty balks; they want a one stop settlement payday too.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-09-2012, 02:12 PM)1171 Wrote: depends on how soon you can get in front of a judge.
they'd rather delay & settle then start paying benefits.
the only leverage you have to get them to move is having a judges decision. keep pushing for a court date and object to any postponements.
don't be surprised if your own atty balks; they want a one stop settlement payday too.

THanks, alot. I get the feeling that he doesn't care, cause the longer it takes to get the settlement, the more his 20% is going to be. How do I get my lawyer to get this thing into court? Thanks again.

that's done before you select your atty; not after.

start contacting others and be clear about what you want.

you can try here for info in how to select a lawyer
http://workers-compensation.lawyers.com/...awyer.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-09-2012, 02:42 PM)1171 Wrote: that's done before you select your atty; not after.

start contacting others and be clear about what you want.

you can try here for info in how to select a lawyer
http://workers-compensation.lawyers.com/...awyer.html

Okay, thanks. One more question then I will leave you alone. Should I fire my lawyer, and find another one, and/or will that just put me back to square one? THanks again.

if you find one you like, they'll take care of the paperwork.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks, again.

welcome to the site...I see patience isnt one of your things....6 months seems like a long time to an injured worker that isnt getting an income but in the wc world it really isnt so long and for a back injury it isnt long at all.....before you blow I also have a back injury and a cervical injury.It was a year to the day for the surgery on my neck.I still havent had the one on my lower back and wont until I have no other option and its been over 5 years altho I have settled.
One thing you must remember you are not the only case your lawyer or adjuster has nor are you the only case on the docket.You are the only case that matters to you or your bank account we understand that...
some on here have been waiting over 5 years and still are fighting their case waiting to be fixed or get a paycheck.6 months is nothing and your settlement may be not worth waiting over if you dont need surgery and its just a strain you are looking at maybe a thousand or two dollars...since WC dont pay for pain or suffering just lost wages its all you have to look forward to.....
since you dont seem to think much of your boss I doubt you wanna go back to work there anyhow....Good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(01-09-2012, 08:55 PM)jayne Wrote: welcome to the site...I see patience isnt one of your things....6 months seems like a long time to an injured worker that isnt getting an income but in the wc world it really isnt so long and for a back injury it isnt long at all.....before you blow I also have a back injury and a cervical injury.It was a year to the day for the surgery on my neck.I still havent had the one on my lower back and wont until I have no other option and its been over 5 years altho I have settled.
One thing you must remember you are not the only case your lawyer or adjuster has nor are you the only case on the docket.You are the only case that matters to you or your bank account we understand that...
some on here have been waiting over 5 years and still are fighting their case waiting to be fixed or get a paycheck.6 months is nothing and your settlement may be not worth waiting over if you dont need surgery and its just a strain you are looking at maybe a thousand or two dollars...since WC dont pay for pain or suffering just lost wages its all you have to look forward to.....
since you dont seem to think much of your boss I doubt you wanna go back to work there anyhow....Good luck

Jayne just so someone on here knows I have been at if for over 10 yrs, still not settled and like u i have a cervical injury and a back injury. Will not have the back surgrey untill I can no longer walk and am forced to have it.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Thanks for the replies, I didn't realize it took so long, I guess I should just call my lawyer, and tell him forget it. I was under the impression I was owed 66 2/3 my wages for how long I have been out of work. Maybe I was misinformed. If not, then I will keep fighting. And yes Jayne I would rather shoot myself than go back to work for that guy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need some answers elbowinjury101 1 2,996 03-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Help need answers Kuku 13 10,853 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need answers missmelody 5 5,501 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Last Post: missmelody
  Help need answers b8000 4 5,391 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: b8000
  I need some answers. dawnnanette 6 4,803 03-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  looking for answers nurse83 20 9,930 01-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Still looking for answers katzdrm 7 4,943 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Need answers katzdrm 9 5,413 10-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Last Post: lfoster21