Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I hate living in our small town
Hi All,

Well first of all let me say our cat isn't dead, he might still die.

We've lived in our small town almost 7 years. Bought the house here for a song and paid it off in less than 5 years. Wish we'd looked more into the town first. We hadn't lived in a city/town for 13 years and if we get the chance to move I won't live in another one again, ever.

This town has it in for animals. In 7 years we've had 4 cats killed. The first one, well there's another story there. We'd just moved into town and I had a peeping town. My youngest caught the kid and I wanted to press charges. I even had the police chief tell me why I shouldn't press charges. Well I did, even had his mother threaten me so I threatened to press charges against him. The day after I pressed the charges I came home from work and I noticed something white on our front porch. I had my oldest open the front door and I heard him gasp. It was our cat 'Mia', someone had bashed in the side of her head and left her on our front porch. Called the police, nothing happened, I found the spot where it had been done, blood, etc. Two weeks later another of my cats was hanging from our back fence. The police said that he had been caught by his collar. What collar, that was a rope, someone had beaten him to death.

Another cat a year later, we had trash thrown around, door bell ringers running off, eggs, broken windows, etc. Then it stopped for awhile.

This morning I one of our cats came home with the side of his face damaged. Broken teeth, contused eye, he'll live, probably but he's a mess. I won't call the police, it won't do me any good but I hate living here. Kiowa almost never left our property, so it was some kid. I'm not the only one who has animals beaten, killed but to my knowledge I've had the most.

Our former police chief admitted to one of our city council members that a year before that he indeed was the one who shot and killed her cat. He was tired of finding it in his yard.

I hate PETA but I almost wish we had a chapter in our town. We're putting up an 8ft fence when we get our income tax back. Even fencing the neighbors yard to keep people from trespassing on our property. That's another reason why I hate it here, people use our property to walk back to the main road, walk between our cars, all hours. Just absolutely no regard for our property.

Thanks for letting me gripe, I feel a bit better, Kiowa, well it will take him about a month before he feels better.

Bodybuilder1958

Bodybuilder that is why I live in the country, nearest town is about 8 miles away.
Biggest problem we have out here are the wild dogs that come onto our property.

I just can not imagine anyone injuring an animal. Hope yours heals okay.

I do not like cats but wouldnt hurt one for anything.....wouldnt live inside city or town limits either...I would move given the chance
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I like small towns, except the rumors that start...... Our local medical examiner was arrested a few days ago for stealing a spine of a dead man........(obviously dead) While the investigation is being ran she is out on bond and can nolonger act in the medical field untill its over..............What a joke.......keep her locked up.. She said she took the spine so she could train her dog to find bodies...

(01-06-2012, 01:36 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: I like small towns, except the rumors that start...... Our local medical examiner was arrested a few days ago for stealing a spine of a dead man........(obviously dead) While the investigation is being ran she is out on bond and can nolonger act in the medical field untill its over..............What a joke.......keep her locked up.. She said she took the spine so she could train her dog to find bodies...

Your ME broke over a dozen laws doing that. She'll probably spend time in jail. There are other ways to train dogs to find bodies.

As for us moving, we'd have to sell our house first and in our area, with the economy it's unlikely. Our house was on the market almost 20 months before we bought it. Most houses sit for 2+ years if not longer, we've lived here almost 7 years and less than a dozen houses have sold in this city during this time. We're hoping that an 8' fence will stop alot of our problems.

a big ol sign saying nothing on this property is worth dying for might help also with a photo copy of your gun permit. geezzzz
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Invest in some survalience cameras, a big fence will help but who's to say they wont jump it.. Put a row of barbwire fencing over the top as well..I truely believe people who has done what they have to you deserve a butt kicking....
(01-06-2012, 01:42 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 01:36 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: I like small towns, except the rumors that start...... Our local medical examiner was arrested a few days ago for stealing a spine of a dead man........(obviously dead) While the investigation is being ran she is out on bond and can nolonger act in the medical field untill its over..............What a joke.......keep her locked up.. She said she took the spine so she could train her dog to find bodies...

Your ME broke over a dozen laws doing that. She'll probably spend time in jail. There are other ways to train dogs to find bodies.

As for us moving, we'd have to sell our house first and in our area, with the economy it's unlikely. Our house was on the market almost 20 months before we bought it. Most houses sit for 2+ years if not longer, we've lived here almost 7 years and less than a dozen houses have sold in this city during this time. We're hoping that an 8' fence will stop alot of our problems.

Recent news update says she is facing 3 years in prison, but they are investigating other counties where she also is a ME.

Sorry about your kitty. Poor baby!

My problem is different but still causes heartaches. Coyotes!! My solution is no more outdoor pets.
Let Go, and Let God......

I hate this little town, it has nothing to offer now that my kids are grown. I can not wait to settle and sale this house and head to a beach to live. Beach living is where i want to spent the rest of my living days, with the heat on my shoulders and the sand under my feet. I am still waiting to hear from my settlement, they wanted my numbers by Dec 1 last year and I have not heard from my attorney since I gave them to him. I think I should call him and see where we are at. Do i wait and settle first or do i just go ahead and sale the house and head to the beach. I would love to be there my early to mid spring, before all the properties are all purchased, and yes we have animals, so i would need a location where we could have our cats and dogs as they are part of our family. I would probably go to jail if someone hurt my animals.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Chris we have the coyotes here to! Very much a problem with small animals when living in the country or outside of town.

CF Wait to see what your attorney has to say about settlement then make your decision as to when to move

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man from my town. bronco54501 5 4,080 09-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Hate Tuesdays Manley2 1 1,707 06-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Living up to the old name Bummer Knees 9 6,481 06-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Bummer knees is out of town bodybuilder1958 0 1,979 08-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Incident at a small store left me shaken to the core bodybuilder1958 9 7,901 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: sonny1
  The truth, I hate the holidays bodybuilder1958 8 6,885 12-12-2011, 07:05 PM
  I hate dentists bronco54501 2 3,136 05-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Small town , people helping each other bodybuilder1958 3 3,826 05-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  I hate mornings jayne 7 4,619 05-13-2011, 03:35 AM
Last Post: red1030
  I HATE EM jayne 0 1,779 10-19-2009, 08:31 PM