Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advance settlement.....
can an injured worker ask an ADVANCE settlement from the insurance company?
i mean a bigger amount ....
the insurance company is paying the Injured worker advances of 230 per week....can he ask for an advance of maybe 5 thousand out of his settlement money....

Here in wi, if your collecting ppd there is a form to fill out and has to be approved by a judge. Here you can take advancments 3 times per callander year..

It depends on the laws in your State, first.

Next, it depends on your status in the WC claim, and what the potential might be that the IC will want to settle the claim at all - they are, in most cases, NOT required to do so.

I can assure you that requesting an advance on a potential settlement telegraphs "desperation" to the IC, and will seriously affect the ultimate settlement figure.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

in california it's possible the carrier would make a lump sum advance of Permanent Disability in addition to regular permanent disability advances required by law.

it depends on the circumstances and the need.
it's also possible that you could be given an advance payment in return for signing a settlement agreement.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lawsuit cash advance loans zest4life 13 13,232 05-25-2020, 05:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Advance Shoes 5 5,055 07-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Settlement advance? tdcjerry 9 10,693 03-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Last Post: nursedina
  advance payment jimmyo1 3 8,486 05-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Last Post: jimmyo1
  How to know how much to ask for an advance on your settlement ? Sunshine7 10 8,221 03-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Last Post: fireball
  New here. Thanks in advance. Zarabeth 10 7,327 03-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Tuffy