Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about deposition?
Question 
I have a deposition coming up in feb 2012, can someone tell me what to expect from this meeting? thanks

Nothing bad as long as you tell the truth...they are gonna ask you a hundred and one questions in a hundred and two different ways about the day you got hurt.take your time and answer as truthfully as you can in a yes or no answer dont volunteer any information.DO NOT LIE. If you need a break say so,if you need something to drink or need to walk around say so dont be a tough gal/guy for them they are watching you from the min you get out of your car till you get back in it.Take your meds when and if you need them they need to see what your normal day to day life is like.And dont worry they cant eat ya.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Do they do watch me before the deposition?
(12-20-2011, 06:13 PM)jayne Wrote: Nothing bad as long as you tell the truth...they are gonna ask you a hundred and one questions in a hundred and two different ways about the day you got hurt.take your time and answer as truthfully as you can in a yes or no answer dont volunteer any information.DO NOT LIE. If you need a break say so,if you need something to drink or need to walk around say so dont be a tough gal/guy for them they are watching you from the min you get out of your car till you get back in it.Take your meds when and if you need them they need to see what your normal day to day life is like.And dont worry they cant eat ya.

Thanks Jane Smile

(12-20-2011, 06:33 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: Do they do watch me before the deposition?

Thanks Jane Smile

probably depends on where it is.

if you put on your neck collar/braces and carry your cane/wheelchair thru the parking lot and up a couple flights of stairs and then sit down and strap them on just before you go in ,they probably want to have those pictures for your doctor.Smile

deposition is not a meeting.
it's sworn testimony that will be entered into the court record as evidence.
you will be answering questions under oath from both attys.
they will want complete medical and employment history as well as details surrounding the injury event.
more here
http://hurtworker.com/articles/what-is-w...fornia.htm

P.S. you should put your location in your profile so we don't have ask which state each time.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(12-20-2011, 08:42 PM)1171 Wrote:
(12-20-2011, 06:33 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: Do they do watch me before the deposition?

Thanks Jane Smile

probably depends on where it is.

if you put on your neck collar/braces and carry your cane/wheelchair thru the parking lot and up a couple flights of stairs and then sit down and strap them on just before you go in ,they probably want to have those pictures for your doctor.Smile

deposition is not a meeting.
it's sworn testimony that will be entered into the court record as evidence.
you will be answering questions under oath from both attys.
they will want complete medical and employment history as well as details surrounding the injury event.
more here
http://hurtworker.com/articles/what-is-w...fornia.htm

P.S. you should put your location in your profile so we don't have ask which state each time.

Thanks

Its not bad mine was about 1.5 hours and about 100 questions if your honest u have nothing to hide and yes don't lie u might have more than one of them

Aside from what's already been said, a wc deposition is pretty much a worthless waste of time. It may or may not be used to try and discredit you if your case ends up in court. Relax and answer only what's asked of you with short responses. Think before you speak, and most importantly, be honest.
Let Go, and Let God......

Expect to be asked about your current injury and any prior injuries.

Expect to asked about any concurrent employment, living arrangements, etc. Some seemingly irrelevant questions (ie: foreclosures or bankruptcies). Anything that could be used to confirm or question your motives for litigating the claim.

If you do not answer the question, expect to have it asked until you do.

Expect to be truthful. If you don't know, don't guess. However, too many "I don't knows" will make it seem as though you are hiding something.

Depositions aren't too scary. Just answer honestly and you should be fine.

Thanks everyone
Thanks everyone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AME Deposition Shadow 3 7,743 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Question about deposition Backache1217 3 4,243 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question deposition hamrs_62 2 5,061 06-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62
  Had deposition , don't understand it janet1031 4 7,995 09-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl