Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
settle offer soon
I have been following this site for a while now I need some opinions. I live in Illinois, I hurt my backon my job in 2008. When I went to see the employee health nurse she gave and Ice pack and told me call the next day if I didn't feel any better. The next morning I couldn't move, I called her and told her I needed to see a doctor. She told me the company doctor was on vacation. I finally got a appt. with my primary doctor for like four days later. She took me off work, till I could see a chiropactor. He started me on physical therapy. Then worker's comp stepped in. I was in therapy for months, also this case manager started coming around(she was about the laziess person you want to meet, She would call me after my appointment where she was supposed to be attending with me and tell me she couldn't make it on time because she lived so far away. eventually I called her supervisor and told her I did not want to deal with her anymore. She kept showing up for my appt. but I would let the doctor talk to her because she was supposed to be off my case.) I went back to work a few different times but after a few days I could not move,so they kept taking me off work and sending me back to therapists, by then I was taking so much medication I couldn't see straight half the time. My doctor wanted me to go to a pain clinic, but the case manager said no. but my primary sent me anyway. I saw him a couple of times and then worker's comp said they would not pay for him because he was not approved. In the mean time my boss started critizing me for having to take off work for appointment and therapy. Telling me I was a disappointment to my co-workers and she was tired off this s--t, wasn't I close to retirement. I went to human resouces, they told me they would talk to her. Which didn't do anygood. evenually I went to the pain clinic(which was at my job). I told them that while I was there my back was fine because I wasn't working but If I did anything strenuous my pain came back with a vengeous. I had my Fce and the therapsit said I may not be able to do my job anymore. I called the doctors office and asked them what I was supposed to do, they told me to go back to work. I went back for a couple of weeks and was in so much pain they took me back off of work. It seem the employee health nurse never got around to reading the e-mailfrom my doctor saying that I wasn't suppose to be at work. This was in nov. of 2010. In january of 2011, worker's comp stop paying for my medicine, in june they stopped paying for my doctor, in august the doctor stopped prescribing my medication in sept. they stopped paying me. I went to from jan-oct to voc reehab which consited of me just filing out application for job I didn't know how to do. They had me applying for jobs I had no chance of getting I asked them why couldn't I be trained in another job. They told me because Of my age(54) wc wouldn't pay for anything over 3 weeks of training. I had to borrow money to get to voc. rehab and it was frustrating the hell out of me. I applied for the same jobs at my old job(which is a hospital) and never heard from them. Myl lawyer say I can only get5% disablility because I can still work. they offered me $6,000 and then the next week offered me $12,000 now my lawyer is saying that I should take what they are offering and get a minimum wage job. they are offering no future medical. I have no money but this is my life they are talking about. I know this letter is long but I need some advice from someone who has been through this. Should I take the offer or should I file a complaint with the worker's comp commision. I know that this takes a long time but as I said this is the rest of my life. What does the forum think I should do?

I don't think it's an either/or proposition.
a complaint won't get you a better offer.
it sounds like you don't trust your lawyer's advice.
my 2 cents:
I would contact a couple others and see what they are willing to do. they would have to develop evidence as to how drastically the injury has affected your livelihood and be willing to go to court to get you the best deal. to many the fee isn't worth that much effort. but try a couple other work comp lawyers and see if some are willing.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

don't really trust lawyer because she says she's going to call and don't I called her on it she was very apologetic, then turned around and did the same thing. I called her at 9 a.m. and her assistant told me she was out of the office, called back at 4:30 and told she was not coming back to the office then I told him that if I didn't hear from her by the end of the next business day, I was getting another lawyer, she called back at 4:35 to tell me I should come in the office to see her and her senoir partner to discuss settling. I know they are only about the money but that seem to be her only interest. I keep asking about going back to school to learn a trade to make the money I was making, but all she seem to be worried about is settling for cash.

have you had any tests on your back to see whats wrong?what do they show?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I have disc degeneraction, three bulging disc, annular tear, herniated disc. nerve radiolopthy in my right leg, and muscle spasms in my back.

you need a new lawyer

If I get a new lawyer how much do I have to pay the old lawyer, I am getting penies as it is?

your lawyers will have to share the fee. if you dont trust the lawyer you have then you are screwed.go see another lawyer and see what he says see if he thinks he can help you. but everything you have listed can be chalked up to your age depending on how well you took care of your self....

I live in illinois what exactyly am I intitled to?

(12-13-2011, 11:55 PM)leggygal Wrote: I live in illinois what exactyly am I intitled to?

http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook062811.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.