Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am here. Forgive if I can't write well. But I am back, though very different
I know I have been gone a long time.
I have been through another surgery, plus a long stay a a pain clinic. Even though my surgeon is saying I am NOT at MMI, and he is very disgruntled at the moment, the atty wants to "discuss settlement options'
I am very frightened.
I have nothing here. No health care. I can't work. I can't drive. They too, w.c. have pulled out all stops to help, but now they are angry. I don't know what to do. I need to live but all I can think about tonight as I go to sleep is just being dead. I fear I will end up living under a bridge or something.

(12-02-2011, 08:53 PM)bagpussinamerica Wrote: I know I have been gone a long time.
I have been through another surgery, plus a long stay a a pain clinic. Even though my surgeon is saying I am NOT at MMI, and he is very disgruntled at the moment, the atty wants to "discuss settlement options'
I am very frightened.
I have nothing here. No health care. I can't work. I can't drive. They too, w.c. have pulled out all stops to help, but now they are angry. I don't know what to do. I need to live but all I can think about tonight as I go to sleep is just being dead. I fear I will end up living under a bridge or something.
Hey don't give up , You are not alone. I know Medicare is'nt much but apply for some health care, You can't work, but you can find other ways to occupy your time with something you enjoy doing. And your Attorney does'nt sound right he/she seems to be in it for the money be careful. Your full time job is to now watch out for the yourself.And know you are not alone
.And read everything before you sign anything Because you are worth it.

Bags have you got your americans cit. yet?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Bag I have thought about you and missed you posting on the forum?

When did you have surgery and how did it go?

I am an American citizen, I just worked in England for over 30 years. At the moment I am having to see different doctors. At first it was at the recommendation of my surgeon, because he felt that approach taken by w/c in sending me to an intensive pain clinic in Florida was very wrong and could have caused permanent damage now, especially since he had already warned them, and I did too when they first said I needed to go. But they did not listen and sent me off. The nurse case manager was fired when I got back and I was told it was because of all of the pressure that was put on me to go in the first place. Unfortunately now w/c is selecting doctors of their own to examine me for home help etc, and my attorney told me that two of them he is worried about. The first one I saw a two weeks ago, and he is the worst apparently. Tries to find ways to say you are making things up etc.

That is why the atty is wanting to look at settlement. He said that there is a different attitude towards me now and he does not want to to go south. But I don't know what to do. I have to see the doctors anyhow. Now I had a call two days ago saying that w/c want me tox screened for controlled substances. What the hell is that all about. My doctor said they wanted it before they agreed to put me back on the pain killers I had before the pain clinic...who took me off. Then the neururgeon said that I needed the pain killers so give them back. I have nothing to hide. I am only taking what I was given in the first place, so I don't know what they are expecting to find. The whole thing is driving me nuts. In the meantime I just hurt.

I have two more doctors to see. One is a psychiatrist. I guess they want to see if I am nuts too. I wasn't before all of this, but now I wonder. I just don't see things the way I used to. Not at all. This guy, too, is another one that wc appointed. And another one that the attorney does not like. So I guess we will see what we see.
(12-24-2011, 11:48 PM)bagpussinamerica Wrote: I am an American citizen, I just worked in England for over 30 years. At the moment I am having to see different doctors. At first it was at the recommendation of my surgeon, because he felt that approach taken by w/c in sending me to an intensive pain clinic in Florida was very wrong and could have caused permanent damage now, especially since he had already warned them, and I did too when they first said I needed to go. But they did not listen and sent me off. The nurse case manager was fired when I got back and I was told it was because of all of the pressure that was put on me to go in the first place. Unfortunately now w/c is selecting doctors of their own to examine me for home help etc, and my attorney told me that two of them he is worried about. The first one I saw a two weeks ago, and he is the worst apparently. Tries to find ways to say you are making things up etc.

That is why the atty is wanting to look at settlement. He said that there is a different attitude towards me now and he does not want to to go south. But I don't know what to do. I have to see the doctors anyhow. Now I had a call two days ago saying that w/c want me tox screened for controlled substances. What the hell is that all about. My doctor said they wanted it before they agreed to put me back on the pain killers I had before the pain clinic...who took me off. Then the neururgeon said that I needed the pain killers so give them back. I have nothing to hide. I am only taking what I was given in the first place, so I don't know what they are expecting to find. The whole thing is driving me nuts. In the meantime I just hurt.

I have two more doctors to see. One is a psychiatrist. I guess they want to see if I am nuts too. I wasn't before all of this, but now I wonder. I just don't see things the way I used to. Not at all. This guy, too, is another one that wc appointed. And another one that the attorney does not like. So I guess we will see what we see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For today....forgive, forget bodybuilder1958 1 2,553 07-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Wink
Toungue The Fun Continues (Gonna Write a Soap Opera ) UndercovrAngel 2 4,120 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Help me to write in poem bodybuilder1958 2 2,989 12-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  forgive me,father hurt at work 4 3,477 03-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Learn to forgive backache 6 3,004 03-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Red made me write this song! Wink 11 6,445 08-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth