Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Law Judge Decision
My case has been on going since the case was established August 15, 2008. I am in New York. My case is for occupational lung disease. Through many hearings, appeals, ups and downs the judge has made a ruling. The ruling came after the IC asked for testimony from my 2 Drs. and their IME. My 2 Drs. testified, the IME's testimony was waived.
The Judge ordered all memorandums of law on this to be to her by October 10, 2011. Yesterday, December 1, 2011, I was going nuts waiting for her decision so I called the Advocate for Injured Workers in Albany. They put me in contact via phone with the Examiner in my case. She told me that the judges decision was made and recorded on November 21, 2011. She told me the judge ruled in my favor and ordered me paid what my lawyer had asked for. She also said that it shows the IC mailed out the check for my back compensation on November 29, 2011.
I should have had the judges decision in the mail by now I would think, but haven't gotten it yet.
I hope that I didn't get bad information yesterday.
Should I be worried or just hang in there for a few more days. Like most injured workers this money is going to save my bacon.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Just hang in there. Realize that there is a slight backlog of mail delivery due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

Thanks!!! I think I just needed to hear someone say something like that. This is such an ordeal. I feel bad for anyone who has ever gone through this system, and for those who have yet to enter this quagmire. The workers comp board should have a notice on their website saying that this is NOT a fair system. People who get injured at work need to be patient, they have to stay on their attorneys butt so that he pays attention to their case. They also need a support system to help them. Family, counselor, and this forum are very important. They need to read and learn the rules, pay attention to everything concerning their case. Have their doctors explain everything to them about their injury.
Hopefully this week will see the mailman show up with the Judge's decision AND the check for the nearly 3 years of compensation I am owed. Then I have to hope that the IC sends the checks in the future on a regular timely schedule.

It gets worse.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?sectio...id=8454401

If direct deposit is available, I'd suggest anyone able to arrange for it from the IC.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decision redsoxfan 11 6,117 02-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  i think i got a decision holla85 4 6,177 01-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Last Post: poppy481647
Question Judge decision times Samie 1 2,289 01-07-2014, 02:32 AM
Last Post: 1171
  judge truckerbill 3 3,992 03-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Milo
  judge truckerbill 1 2,535 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: 1171