Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurting and confused?!
I live in central Illinois. I am 25 and never had a WC case before. I recently hurt my right shoulder performing a work related task. I am right handed. I was taken to my works doc, where he hurt it even more examining it. He said he thinks I have strained or torn a tendon in my bycep. He ordered an x-ray instead of an MRI!? Then he tells me the x-ray was clear. NO S$&@! So instead of then ordering an MRI he sends me to therapy. The therapist said the same thing. A srpain or tare. Now I'm on light duty which at my job there is no light duty so I sit on my ass and get to watch my fellow workers who are my friends work twice as hard to make up for me. And I have to see the therapist 3 times a week and the doc once a week, for who knows how long. On top of all this my work just tells me that all my appointments are during work hours and since most doc offices are open after work hours that they are not going to pay me for time missed. I am a complete mess from all this. I can not hardly play with my 2 year old daughter and it's causing lots of stress on my marraige. Can anyone give me advise????

serious injuries often trigger emotional responses especially depression. this cannot be overcome on your own; it requires professional treatment. You should discuss it with your doctor and ask for a referral for counseling.
you can also request a change of doctors. do so in writing to your carrier. keep a copy.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-30-2011, 01:20 PM)Wink555 Wrote: He ordered an x-ray instead of an MRI!? Then he tells me the x-ray was clear.

Of course the X-ray was clear. X-rays won't show torn tendons. It requires an MRI to disclose damage to a tendon. On your next visit with the Dr. you should ask him to request authorization to get an MRI. If you have a torn rotator cuff, that won't show up on an X-ray.

Quote:On top of all this my work just tells me that all my appointments are during work hours and since most doc offices are open after work hours that they are not going to pay me for time missed.

You're not required to arrange medical appointments outside your regular work hours, although, it is usually beneficial for all concerned if you can. The employer does not have to pay you for time missed for medical appointments, but the IC DOES, as well as mileage. All in all, if you are able to set up your appointments outside work hours, you'll actually have less of a headache getting the pay for the time missed.

Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be. If your employer is saying that "most doc offices are open after work hours", I'd find out for sure and SHOW them that's not exactly true. I know of very few that are.

Quote:Now I'm on light duty which at my job there is no light duty so I sit on my ass and get to watch my fellow workers who are my friends work twice as hard to make up for me.

If that's the only way that the employer can keep you working rather than out on disability, go with the flow. Don't let it bother you. You cannot be working outside the physical restrictions placed upon you by the Dr., and I'm sure if one of your co-workers got hurt and were in the same position, they'd understand.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurting in my pockets and body in georgia!!! alvinf478 1 3,012 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Trying to close my case..Still hurting Emmanuelwild 1 5,079 10-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Question Deposition Today Been Hurting Since 9/07 -Filing 10/09 JadeD78 9 8,550 05-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Regrets
  still hurting (texas) sand3rd 6 5,358 03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Hurting in Cali. Pookiewood 2 3,348 10-20-2009, 01:11 PM
  year later still hurting lovesgardening 1 2,670 10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Still Hurting horseplay 0 1,910 08-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: horseplay
  hurting back and leggs oncalldaddy 14 9,017 06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Old injury is now hurting jrgarcia210 3 3,038 03-26-2008, 07:22 PM