Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I move from Pa to Virginia while collecting WC?
Since my injury my girl friend has moved on and I cannot afford the bills where I live and my daughter offered me to live with her so I can afford to live. I am worried that I cannot do this. I have been on WC for over two years and just had a decision from the WC judge in my favor to continue my benefits.

I know in CA that you are not allowed to leave the state while on workers comp... so i dont really see why it would be so much diff. in this case.

I know in CA that you are not allowed to leave the state while on workers comp... so i dont really see why it would be so much diff. in this case.

no state bars work comp claimants from leaving the state.
what is a factor that makes it difficult is finding a medical provider that will accept out-of-state fees and reporting requirements.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

As 1171 says, NO STATE can prevent you from moving out of State.

Your periodic TTD benefits will continue, as long as the CA knows where the money is to be sent. If you need further medical treatment, you'd have to find a Dr. in the new location that will accept you as a patient under CA WC fees, etc.

If YOU request a hearing regarding any disputed matter, the cost of attending the hearing would be on YOU. If the IC initiates a hearing or other examination, for example, then the IC would pay mileage, etc.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

(11-30-2011, 04:27 PM)LeglEgl Wrote: As 1171 says, NO STATE can prevent you from moving out of State.

Your periodic TTD benefits will continue, as long as the CA knows where the money is to be sent. If you need further medical treatment, you'd have to find a Dr. in the new location that will accept you as a patient under CA WC fees, etc.

If YOU request a hearing regarding any disputed matter, the cost of attending the hearing would be on YOU. If the IC initiates a hearing or other examination, for example, then the IC would pay mileage, etc.

Thank you for this Valuable information. I had to move in with family in Washington a yr ago from CA. my wc attny told me I had mandatory wc doctor appts every 45 days. ( he told me this when the hired movers were packing up the trk )I saw dr in WA who was willing to take me on. however he was unexceptable by my standards. I will ask for a hearing Smile

OOps. I am a newbee and learning how this site works and how to post.

you don't have to ask for a hearing to change doctors.
you have to find out what their Medical Provider Network rules require for out-of-state providers. many will just accept your choice.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I understand. However my wc attny told me that I wasn't entitled to any travel/mileage reimbursement beings it was my choice to move out of state. Not really thoughI was concerned about having shelter after paying the Cobra payment $893.00monthly to my employer. He also told me in CA an injured worker can not sue their employer. My employer was given a list of things to change in my work area after a ergonomic evaluator from the co. came in.and failed to do so. During that time 2 employees were injured. I had a great job and enjoyed working. Now the company has handed me a Resognation Settlement Agreement. which would release them from having to accomadate me or retrain. My Union "Labor Queen" who was supposedly negoiating for me will not answer my phone calls or help. It is soo WRONG for these people who are hired to represent use quit us. Just tell me to FO and I won't waste my energy & go a different route.. GRRRR
I left a message with my wc attorney regarding my wc checks being cut off I asked for him to appeal this. He has not returned my call. this was 4 weeks ago. It makes me feel he isn't interested in my case. which is a scary thought since this is the rest of my life. SSD rated me perm total disabled dating back to last day i worked. When i had neck surgery in Aug the wc payments were terminated. saying without the "cervical Surgery" i could have returned to work. Not true. I am unfit for duty due to the lower back injury caused at work. CRAZY. This does matter. and I am still required to keep wc dr, appts in CA. which are on me financially ? Thats not right. what about Loss of Life ?

(11-30-2011, 10:42 AM)keywasted Wrote: Since my injury my girl friend has moved on and I cannot afford the bills where I live and my daughter offered me to live with her so I can afford to live. I am worried that I cannot do this. I have been on WC for over two years and just had a decision from the WC judge in my favor to continue my benefits.

There is nothing in the PA Workers' Compensation Act to stop you from moving. It can make obtaining medical treatment difficult since out of state doctors are not subject to the cost containment provisions and are able to balance bill for services provided. It can also raise issues if you are released with modifications in regard to earning power assessments or job offers. If you have an attorney, you should discuss the pros and cons with him/her before making a final decision.

whatnext:
start a new thread with your own subject. when you hijack another person's thread and topic it confuses our other posters who are looking for specific answers.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virginia Work Comp/ Forced surgery Kedward7 4 2,919 04-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers Comp Case Virginia Need Advice jamesjones11 1 1,864 08-19-2017, 11:49 AM
  Collecting Workers Comp and Salary dahling1018 2 2,438 04-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Should I move to court over the LTD claim CraneberryEddy 3 1,788 01-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Very bad timing in West Virginia Smokey Hill 1 1,537 02-15-2016, 01:35 PM
  Workers Comp Claim was denied Virginia Alberto 4 8,081 01-07-2014, 10:06 PM
  workers comp, stdand, fmla Virginia kerjek 1 3,135 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Exclamation Injured in Virginia May 2011 Kadie83 6 5,552 06-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: jayc123
  Move & New Career: How Does It Affect WC Distributions & Settlement? Thain 1 2,851 01-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Last Post: AQA
Sad what do i do if i need to move toa different state feeling trapped 1 2,898 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM