Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYS SSD
Smile Hi Everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed your thanksgiving!

My question is this. I received my SS awards letter the other day and will get my back pay in a few days. I read somwhere that if I have debt issues not to comingle my SS $ with regular $$. I want to put my back pay into my savings account if I can. I called the SS dept. to have them switch my payment method for January. (direct express card) where they just deposit $$ on this debit/ATM/credit card, then I don't have to worry about mixing $$$$.

My credit union work like this. I have 3 accounts: 1 checking and 2 savings. They all fall under one member #, which is my member ID #, however each account ends with it's own suffix #.

ex: member # 12345
checking 12345-01
savings1 12345-02
savings2 12345-03

Would this still be comingling $$$$?

Thanks!
Live, Laugh, Love ~

(11-26-2011, 02:51 PM)sonny1 Wrote: Smile Hi Everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed your thanksgiving!

My question is this. I received my SS awards letter the other day and will get my back pay in a few days. I read somwhere that if I have debt issues not to comingle my SS $ with regular $$. I want to put my back pay into my savings account if I can. I called the SS dept. to have them switch my payment method for January. (direct express card) where they just deposit $$ on this debit/ATM/credit card, then I don't have to worry about mixing $$$$.

My credit union work like this. I have 3 accounts: 1 checking and 2 savings. They all fall under one member #, which is my member ID #, however each account ends with it's own suffix #.

ex: member # 12345
checking 12345-01
savings1 12345-02
savings2 12345-03

Would this still be comingling $$$$?

Thanks!

if any other monies share the acct then yes.
the account must be exclusive to your SS $$ and must have separate accounting and transaction log of all $$$.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Ok thanks 1171! I will take care of that ASAP!
Ok thanks 1171! I will take care of that ASAP!
Live, Laugh, Love ~