Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After 2 years of waiting for surgery
with no luck due to workers comp (self insured company) in CA denying any surgery procedure for carpul tunnel in both hands and ulnar elbow in one my attorney had the nerve to tell me:
"Let me give it to you in laments terms: if your husband beat you with a baseball bat what would you do? you'd fix it; if your husband threw you down a flight of stairs what would you do? you'd fix it; I'm sure you have good insurance if your hands hurt go fix them. I told him I couldn't do that during a workers comp case and he said don't tell them.

I have went to every Psych. Dr. & Internal Dr. and everyother Dr. "he" decided I needed and has treated my initial injuries as secondary, and now he wants to settle without surgery.
Is it possible he has just realized that he can 't beat the insurance company? I was scheduled for surgery at one time and the week before the insurance company denyied that too. I feel like I have got the run around from day one. I never received temp disability at the time of my injury even after (their) dr. decided I could not work anymore.
So my attorney sent me to his Chiropractor Dr. and advised me to get SDI which now they have a lein on my settlement. I flat out got screwed here and my hands are still numb. Is this just something I have to live with for the rest of my life? Or should I find an attorney to go after my atorney? I'm confused as well.

I'd recommend you talk to a few other attys before deciding what to do.
talk to those that specialize in workers comp/.
you can search based on your zip code here
caaa.org
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-23-2011, 01:03 AM)1171 Wrote: I'd recommend you talk to a few other attys before deciding what to do.
talk to those that specialize in workers comp/.
you can search based on your zip code here
caaa.org

Thanks

Charlie I feel your pain. I have been dealing with this for 11 years now and it always seems like a battle. They settled my case back in 2005-06 and gave me lifetime medical (which in my eyes is you get the joy of fighting for medical for the rest of your life.) It took them over 5 years to approve my last surgery and needless to say all that time waiting did not make my arms get better. I would agree that you should talk to other attorneys, because it seems like yours is throwing you under a bus. Just know though that even if you do win medical coverage you will still have to fight to get it approved. Good luck and I hope you get the help you need. I will have to learn to live with the numbness but dealing with the pain is another subject.