Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I feel abused
here are some links for you to look up


Were you given a panel of 3 doctors to choose from for the reinjury? if not I would ask for it since by law they are suppose to give it to you so that you can choose the doctor that is to care for you. Remember to turn in your miles if you have to travel over 15 miles from home or work to the doctor.

Hope these help some
Good luck to you! Another word of wisdom....do not expect "quick action" on anyone's part WC/IC....they'll piddle around when sending you to MD's, making appmnts, treatments, etc. This is part of their "health-scare" tactics....hoping you'll get sick of waiting and just go away. Hang in there, and receive the treatment for your injury that you deserve.
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
From prior posts, it sounds like your state may use a panel. If so, once you find out which doctors are on the panel you may be able to make your own appointments. I would also agree with other posts that some states only have a defined captive period then you can treat with your own doctor. In PA it is 90 days. I would also agree that a lawyer who is knowledgeable in workers' compensation can be a huge help even early in a claim. Not all states allow for specialty certification, PA does not, so if your state does not have specialty certification, I am sure you have friends that have been through the system. Ask them who their lawyer was and if they were pleased with his work. Finally, unless your state requires that you have a nurse case manager, I would never allow him/her anywhere near your doctors. My experience with these people is almost uniformly bad.
Moon, first off welcome to the Board;

Second, I'm going to tell you the truth; The employer & their Insurance, Plus you, know the employer is going under in a few as you stated (The company I work for is going under in the next few weeks.) Being this is true, they will be looking and watching you hard and heavy. For it is a true fact, they found many people to claim injury, right before lay-offs and such. So please be careful, and don't do anything you shouldn't do, or things you say you can't do. For (again) like I said, someone just might be watching you.

Third, you may need an Attorney, and it might help you to atleast talk to some now, and feel them out, to find one you may like. For you going to need plenty of advice from one anyway. Myself, I don't offer advice, but will offer my opinions.

Fourth, you need to contact your State Work Comp Board, make a injury claim, and obtain that number, or see if one has been made, and still get that number. You do need to keep ever single copy of report made from the day injured. Even medical reports, first injury report, X-rays obtain copies and also those reports. Reports of everthing.

Fifth, if they hire a Nurse Case manager for you, know your rights as per the Laws and Rules of your State. For a NCM may not be allowed in the Medical Exam room with you, till the Doctor is done. Then they come in, with you being present, take notes, and don't forget to obtain that medical report for that day. Guess I can't stress that enough.


Upon reporting a workplace injury, what information should employers give to the injured employee?
Upon reporting a workplace injury, an employer should provide the employee, in writing, a choice of three (3) physicians not associated together in practice. In the event of a reported back injury, the choice of physicians is expanded to four (4) physicians, one of whom must be a chiropractor. The choice of physicians should be located in or near the employee's community of residence. The employee has the privilege of choosing one physician from the list. This selected physician becomes the “treating physician.” The employee is then required to accept treatment from the treating physician and should not seek treatment from any other physician unless the treating physician makes a referral. Form C-42, "Agreement Between Employer/Employee Choice of Physician" must be completed, a copy given to the employee, and the original kept on file with the employer.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 3,140 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Feel like I do not have any hope/depression 052614 42 36,472 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  feel i'm being forced to retire bella 2 4,292 06-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Last Post: bella
  feel like they own me.... jerseylock 19 14,521 06-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Really need your input I feel doc unfair. 2008xb 4 4,221 03-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Last Post: 1171
  DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE???? Truckster 24 12,113 01-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Last Post: muttley
  IM NEW AT THIS, I FEEL LOST!!!! marimar 13 6,368 10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Feel like im going to breakdown any minute mel1980 10 7,607 09-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Last Post: mel1980
  New to site and feel discouraged Dinah 13 9,484 04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Last Post: snowbear
  I feel bad for my friend Guest 3 3,436 04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Guest

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)