Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SSD approval...depressed and confused~
Thank you all for your input and understanding. I do see a mental health doctor, have been for a few years! I see her regularly actually. It is just part of accepting this change and processing it for me, that's all. I am better today though. I have joined a local health club with one of my sisters and we are going to start going there a few times a week to "get healthier". It will be good for me to get out of the house, for my mental health and overall health.

I do still look for work, it is hard to find jobs that do not require much use of the hands or fingers for long periods of time. I need extended breaks from use, but I can say that I will not ever give up trying!!!
Live, Laugh, Love ~

Thank you all for your input and understanding. I do see a mental health doctor, have been for a few years! I see her regularly actually. It is just part of accepting this change and processing it for me, that's all. I am better today though. I have joined a local health club with one of my sisters and we are going to start going there a few times a week to "get healthier". It will be good for me to get out of the house, for my mental health and overall health.

I do still look for work, it is hard to find jobs that do not require much use of the hands or fingers for long periods of time. I need extended breaks from use, but I can say that I will not ever give up trying!!!
Live, Laugh, Love ~

It is 80% of the average weekly pay you made before your injury before taxes, as someone stated. It is the average of most recent 39 weeks that were worked, in my state. Also, it is not taxable, again, in my State. Since your wage while working does have taxes taken out, usually 10-25% depending on dependants claimed, you might end up getting close to what you were bringing home pre injury. I actually took home more in my comp check than when I was actually working because they had to compensate for all my benifits I lost as well. Im not saying I came out ahead because loosing benifits hurt us, just talking about what I was compensated for. Someone may have said all this, but I didn't see it, so sorry if its repetative.

Depression is a very real thing and it can be a beast. I agree with all the advice on seeking medical help. Good luck to you.

Sorry that you are having such hard emotions. This is a hard road.

Yes, there is an 80% rule. My SS benefits are offset my workers comp so my WC benefits are full (because they are 66% of my income) and then SS benefits fill in the gap between the 66% and 80%.

There are many good things about SS. Now that I am settling my case, after I get my settlement, I will get a full benefit of social security monthly to live off of and I can use my settlement money to save and to start my new life.

Also, many people do not know this, if in the future you settle and are only on SS and you want to try to go back to work, social security will give you full benefits for 9 months while you work. Therefore, you can work and still receive full SS for 9 months so if in those 9 months, you can not still work, you do not have to refile or anything. You just call SS, and let them know that you could not keep working and your benefits continue as always.

This is the situation I will find myself in since I settled my case. I will get full SS benefits and if in the future I can try to go back to some kind of work, SS will help me.

Good luck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Are you depressed and anxious because of your injury? Buddy1114 1 820 04-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can SSDI approval help with Comp case? footballfan 24 5,288 07-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: goingback
  C&R with MSA needs CMS approval before WCAB approves? Seeking Help 5 2,833 02-13-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  Scheduled award payment approval question. nelenz15 3 2,310 04-04-2017, 12:35 AM
  Confused and Depressed in Maryland Backagain 6 5,480 04-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Last Post: PainandSmiles
  Disability Approval Gatekeeper 40 49,200 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM
  how long for wc approval for vertebroplasty been waiting one week tiredawaitin 5 5,690 12-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  How long does it take to get approval from IC for a injection ca/wa what next 1 3,585 12-07-2011, 01:15 AM
  Approval Tethys2010 0 2,977 04-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Tethys2010
Question wc insurer approval delay twinkletoes 4 5,299 10-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Last Post: twinkletoes