Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody knows about this
MyBB 
hi everyone I got a herniated disc at L5 and Earlier this year i got a settlement with meds open but now the insurance deny treatment that was estipulated to be cover for, someone told me to try to settle that too and get a long term insurance policy, my question is how much is worth ? I was rated a 23% disability...

future medical treatment costs are not determined by disability percentage.
you should review past treatment costs and discuss future treatment needs with your doctor to estimate their worth.
you can appeal the treatment denial to your states comp board/commission.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thank you i will do that.

(10-28-2011, 11:51 AM)1171 Wrote: future medical treatment costs are not determined by disability percentage.
you should review past treatment costs and discuss future treatment needs with your doctor to estimate their worth.
you can appeal the treatment denial to your states comp board/commission.

Am hoping 1171 can help me. Had total knee replacement 2007 @ age of 53. IC wants to settle medical for $15K. Knowing knee replacements only last 10-15 yrs, I would need to have repair surgery later on and know that amount would not cover it (researching shows TKR costs are $45-$$60k plus cost of therapy, meds etc) Am considering the option of open medical. However, not seen very positive posts regarding ease of or ability to get approval for surgery this way. And what if IC goes backrupt ?? I am in California & my carrier has "changed hands" twice thruout this ordeal already...Can I request or stipulate a set amount ($55K for example) go into a trust fund just for the surgery for later date or any other opton available? I have already received TD /PD to equal the amount of rating so no other settlement there. I really don't want to get a lawyer since this isn"t about rating amount unless absolutely necessary. Thanks so much!