Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tivo
Now you all will know how far behind the times i am. I purchased myself a tivo with a lifetime service off of ebay. Received it today, and hooked it up to a network. I am like a kid in a candy store tonight. This thing is awesome....I can not wait untill Sat College football, so i can watch plays in slow motion, tonight I am enjoying all the radio stations. From now on when I am up all night I wil have something that might make them nights more enjoyable. Can you tell I am excited. I would love to have another one and figure out how to hook it up to another tv set and get it to work without paying a for a lifetime service for it. I really do like this thing. Who on here has a Tivo, that can teach me more about them???
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I am a bit outdated as well, but I do have dish network.. I can record and pause tv and watch it, but not in slow motion...

What in the world is a tivo?

(10-28-2011, 09:48 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: I am a bit outdated as well, but I do have dish network.. I can record and pause tv and watch it, but not in slow motion...

Same here - the DVR. And, yes, you can play it in slow motion.

You hit the Pause button, then the Fwd button (not the Skip Fwd button). It starts out at 1/15 speed, but each time you press the Fwd button, it increases the speed.

P.S. the Skip Fwd button is the arrow that looks like a circle - the Fwd button is just below that.

Quote:What in the world is a tivo?

It's a DVR with a bigger brain.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

It is 3:45 am, up again.... I will turn on my new toy and play with the brain of the tivo, and see what i can down load, and what radio stations i can load up to listed to. Somthing different than the tv to listen to this morning.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED