Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Finally court after 2 years
Ok So today my attorney called (his assistant) to tell me we have a court date for december,
Let me give you a quick background
Im In California
I was injured two years ago, 2009
And my Insurance Co. Denied me flat out after 7 months (violation)
The reason was because I filed after I was terminated..
So for 2 years the IC has not payed me anything.. My Doctor determined that I was at MMI 18% Whole body.. back in July.. ( Two Herniated disc L4 L5)
Till Date Ive yet to hear the IC co. say anything about a settlement or even a back pay.. I understand IC cos. are shady and wait till last minute,

But what are my chances to taking this to court?
I was told that just because I have an MMI 18% doesnt mean anything .. that the judge could still deny my case... Is this possible?

you'll get a court date if you don't settle; it's in your hands.
Of course, the primary issue: is your injury is industrial?
the amount of your permanent disability ( as well as any TD and Medical) is irrelevant if your injury is not work related.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-27-2011, 04:05 PM)1171 Wrote: you'll get a court date if you don't settle; it's in your hands.
Of course, the primary issue: is your injury is industrial?
the amount of your permanent disability ( as well as any TD and Medical) is irrelevant if your injury is not work related.

Yes.. The Injury was documented before I was terminated.. and Also the doctors report agrees my injury is work related...
What to you mean get a court date? If nothing happens on my court date in december.. is that what you mean?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally got a court trial date dlmc3574 4 2,283 06-22-2014, 12:13 AM
Last Post: 1171