Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Injury in Alabama
I messed my back up about a month ago at work and have been going to the doctor I was sent to for it. They released me immediately back to work on light duty. On days where the pain in my back gets to a point where I just can't take it anymore and go home, or where I don't make it in due to pain, am I eligible for wage compensation? I paint aircraft, and there isn't a whole lot you can do that's light duty on them. I do as little bending and twisting as I can, but after a few hours, it gets to a point where it hurts no matter what I do.

I am not familiar with Alabama Comp laws. But I think in every State if you have wage loss due to a work injury you are entiled to compensation. The law in my State does require us to try working if the doctor releases us to light duty, we cannot refuse. But if it aggravates the injury then they need to either take us back off work until the injury can heal more, or find even lighter duty work. I would ask them if you can find your own doctor at this point.

(10-21-2011, 08:46 AM)mwillliams1979 Wrote: I messed my back up about a month ago at work and have been going to the doctor I was sent to for it. They released me immediately back to work on light duty. On days where the pain in my back gets to a point where I just can't take it anymore and go home, or where I don't make it in due to pain, am I eligible for wage compensation? I paint aircraft, and there isn't a whole lot you can do that's light duty on them. I do as little bending and twisting as I can, but after a few hours, it gets to a point where it hurts no matter what I do.

you can get temporary disability for the days missed if you have your doctors approval for the time missed.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hire a lawyer as soon as possible. thats the only regret i have was not hiring a lawyer right after my injury , i waited a whole month after the injury and was denied everything from then on.
Hire a lawyer as soon as possible. thats the only regret i have was not hiring a lawyer right after my injury , i waited a whole month after the injury and was denied everything from then on.

Run, don't walk to a GOOD WC attorney! Hubby hurt back 4/14/2010 and is still in bad shape despite 2 back surgeries at "The Best in the Southeast" clinic. Our attorney is what makes it happen Smile

Unless you get your HR person on this documenting what the dr. is saying you are pushing a rope. Have her/him set up your appointments and make sure you bring reports back to them. If not there will be no records and you'll be SOOL..........

Unless you get your HR person on this documenting what the dr. is saying you are pushing a rope. Have her/him set up your appointments and make sure you bring reports back to them. If not there will be no records and you'll be SOOL..........

I agree and I was told to document everything, too. Can I claim loss of enjoyment of life for a similar issue? See, my accident happened why I was driving a work truck. I've been thinking about hiring a lawyer that specializes in motor vehicle-related accidents. I can't drive anymore...even to the store and back! Friend have suggested I find a local los angeles personal injury. Anyone know one?

you should start your own thread; it confuses readers when you introduce other issues and different state rules in someone else's post.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-21-2011, 08:46 AM)mwillliams1979 Wrote: I messed my back up about a month ago at work and have been going to the doctor I was sent to for it. They released me immediately back to work on light duty. On days where the pain in my back gets to a point where I just can't take it anymore and go home, or where I don't make it in due to pain, am I eligible for wage compensation? I paint aircraft, and there isn't a whole lot you can do that's light duty on them. I do as little bending and twisting as I can, but after a few hours, it gets to a point where it hurts no matter what I do.

Im in Al and know your deal like nobody else. Email me and lets use priveate chat, as you need the advice from your state, itll save time , money and grief

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 1,445 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  North Carolina Back Injury HurtCarolina 1 1,807 07-07-2017, 01:49 AM
  Settlement Input Alabama sharrell 3 3,711 11-19-2015, 12:14 AM
  Back Injury Settlement backprobs 6 8,191 09-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Back injury LPallet 2 3,663 04-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: dolphins
  Back Injury - Georgia Employer is forcing me to return to full duty nitto85 1 4,136 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
  Back Injury...pls help aceiam 8 8,441 04-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: aceiam
  Back Injury Workers Comp. tjones288 9 15,568 09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Robby
  Alabama WC first settlement offer: suggestions please atvrep1 1 5,424 06-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 17,007 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help