Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter From My Attorney
everyone expects to live longer.
it's not a fortune teller; the chart is a statistical projection-it doesn't apply to any individual.
if you know how much your fee will be, just increase your settlement amount by that figure--no need for wording.

or negotiate for "new Money" or net so the deductions don't surprise you.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

It does all seem like a crap shoot! I have been looking into settling and the IC has not responded to a letter sent by my attorney, which I guess is ok. But really, by the calculations @ 75% permanently partial disability over my life expectancy, they would have to pay me almost $800,000 and to settle is way less. But they bank on me dying first!

I hope it all works out for you C_F and that you get and amount that sets you comfortable, bcuz nobody gets rich or enough to forget the pain! But I am guessing living beach front might help a lot! Smile
Live, Laugh, Love ~

It does all seem like a crap shoot! I have been looking into settling and the IC has not responded to a letter sent by my attorney, which I guess is ok. But really, by the calculations @ 75% permanently partial disability over my life expectancy, they would have to pay me almost $800,000 and to settle is way less. But they bank on me dying first!

I hope it all works out for you C_F and that you get and amount that sets you comfortable, bcuz nobody gets rich or enough to forget the pain! But I am guessing living beach front might help a lot! Smile
Live, Laugh, Love ~

Like 1171 says, the "mortality tables" are based on an overall expectancy, not on the specific individual. Many factors are taken into consideration as a whole, and then "averages" are applied.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

That I do understand.. but would it be possible for my attorney to negogiate my attorney fees to be paid by them and not by me...is that a possibility??
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

(11-19-2011, 06:41 PM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote: .... would it be possible for my attorney to negogiate my attorney fees to be paid by them and not by me...is that a possibility??

I suppose it's possible, but not very probable. You retained the attorney to work for you, therefore, you are liable for his fees (out of any compensation you might receive). It's doubtful that the IC will agree to pay their lawyer, then pay your lawyer to challenge them.

Still, I think it's been suggested that you calculate what the attorney fees might be, then add that to any demand you might make.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  attorney letter demanding deposition? ka107 3 2,111 07-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  need help on letter from attorney! Treeburn 2 2,645 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 17,787 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  State Attorney or Private Attorney? jdx4 13 12,947 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Dr's letter to attorney Bummer Knees 10 5,920 09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees