Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter From My Attorney
(10-17-2011, 05:27 AM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote: I am going to call my Attorney this morning and discuss the letter with him and get his advice and input, and will go from there.[/align]

Good luck. Make sure you do what is good for YOU and not your attorney
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

(10-17-2011, 07:46 AM)tpm Wrote:
(10-17-2011, 05:27 AM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote: I am going to call my Attorney this morning and discuss the letter with him and get his advice and input, and will go from there.[/align]

I just spoke to my attorney, he is going to work up some numbers and then he said we would be intouch. Well at that time I will make and appointment and sit down with him and we will discuss it all.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

(10-17-2011, 04:33 PM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote:

I just spoke to my attorney, he is going to work up some numbers and then he said we would be intouch. Well at that time I will make and appointment and sit down with him and we will discuss it all.
Sounds like a plan Smile Squeeze everything you can from them. Best of luck CF
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

(10-17-2011, 05:14 PM)tpm Wrote:
(10-17-2011, 04:33 PM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote:

Sounds like a plan Smile Squeeze everything you can from them. Best of luck CF

I will squeeze there like a darn turnip, and not like a dried up one either. LOL
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

C_F the biggest difference is you and your wife....if you take a flat settlement and your lawyer fixes it so it is spread over a lifetime it doesnt affect your SSDI so much but are you and your wife good with money? or will you two go thru it like grass thru a goose?
on the other hand if you take it weekly and God forbid something happens to you its done your wife gets nothing more....
We took the settlement paid off our farm and everything we owed...you just dont tempt fate.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

The way wi works it, its about $1,200 per month. I,m lucky Im still fairly young but I would take a cash buy out.. You never know when your number is called, and then your wife dont get nothing.

(10-18-2011, 04:39 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: The way wi works it, its about $1,200 per month. I,m lucky Im still fairly young but I would take a cash buy out.. You never know when your number is called, and then your wife dont get nothing.

I hear you buddy.....I want my wife taken care, so i will always have that in mind.

I was sitting in the loby of the Orthos office and my attorney called today. He called to let me know where we are at with a possible settlement. I has been waiting on numbers from my employer on wages. He satated he talked to an old attorney friend of his today on my claim for what ever reason. Said he would have all the numbers he would need in order to get numbers ready to present to me. Said he would be in touch soon. I let him know wife and I are heading out tomorrow to Myrtle Beach for a week, so he said I would have a letter waiting at home when I get back with all the information. So guess the settlement is starting to roll. I will be in touch with my daughter while gone, as she is staying at my house to take care of our dogs. so as soon as the letter arrives she will call me with the numbers. Just hope they are good. He did say if they do not want to gives us the nummers then we would pursue permenant total disability through wc. That is where we are today.

Got a letter today from my Attorneys Office, in it he is explaining setteling, he gave me some numbers to look at... and explained how the numbers were arrived at. Goes on and talks about them reduceing it to todays dollars and gives some highs and some lows. Gives me the life expectancy of a male from the charts that the BWC uses. Now I am suprised that when I research the life expectancy of male today I come up with 79yrs of age. My daughter in law is a dr and she is here for the week end and I asked here that question and she believes it to be in the 80's. The BWC shows it to be 74.. So that only gives me 19 more yrs to live...Hell I expect to live longer than 74....Any thoughts on that. I have one more question to ask everyone on here, before I get back to my Attorneys the first of the week, My question goes out to all who have settled. Has anyone ever negoiated and bees successful at getting in there settlement to have their attorney fees paid for my their wc insurance co or employer. I would like to have that put in my offer. Also they want numbers by Dec 1, Guess they want to put this to bed by the end of the year. Could be a great Xmas or maybe not so great of one. Could put me closer to beach living. Hope some have answers for me this week end.

C_F alot of it seems to rest on our genes my father lived to be 97 my mother is 86 and still living but I am the only one living out of all my sisters...so who knows....I expect we will live as long as the good Lord wants us to...Our baby is 9 I will be 65 when she is 18 and out on her own I sure hope Bill and I have alot of time left to do things on our own....but we wouldnt change raising these last 3 for anything they have been a true gift from God
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  attorney letter demanding deposition? ka107 3 2,112 07-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  need help on letter from attorney! Treeburn 2 2,645 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 17,787 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  State Attorney or Private Attorney? jdx4 13 12,948 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Dr's letter to attorney Bummer Knees 10 5,920 09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees