Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found My Daughter
Many of the old timers here will remember me talking about the daughter I gave up for adoption back in 1984. It was an open adoption ( a very good friend of mine that couldn't have children. She passed away in Dec. 2000) and I was a part of Angie's life until after her mother's passing. She knew about her brother's and sister. In fact, Bri, my youngest flew to San Diego to see her the summer of 2001 after Angie had given birth to my first grandchild, Ethan Jeremy. Shortly after that, we all lost contact with her as her father moved and changed his telephone number. I have been searching for her ever since.. it has been a long 11 years for me.

Although I haven't tallked to her yet.. she is on facebook.. I did find out that she is happily married, still living in her home town.. and best of all.. I have 2 more beautiful granddaughters. Alexa is 7 and baby Chloe is only 2.5 months old.

Even if she never speaks to me, just knowing that she is safe, loved and has a wonderful family is enough to make my heart swell with love and pride for her. That is all I have ever wanted for her all her life, and one of the reasons why I gave her up for adoption. At that point in my life, things were so uncertain and I knew I wouldn't be able to give her the life that she so deserved.

Angel ^j^ (dancing among the clouds)
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Congrats, that must be a relief knowing... That must have been a hard pill to swallow to make that decision.. But we do what we have too, and now you know she has grown and has a family.. I hope someday you's will join together and get to know each other again...........

Undercover I do remember your talking about this before. I am glad for you,,, and I am sure you are delighted to have found her. This shows that the internet can be used in such a way that without it, somethings in our life would not be possible. Again I am so delighted for you and I do hope this fills that open hole in your heart.[/align]
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Three of my cildren are adopted. I tell them their birth mother gave them up for adoption out of love.

A parent who gives their child up for adoption is a stong and loving individual in my eyes.

And the blessings just keep coming. I woke up this morning to a request on FB to be friends with my daughter. God is so good. He knew with all the pain I have been in, just what I needed to pick me up and put me back on track.

Angel ^j^

And now, thanks to that wonderful thing called facebook, I have got to spend the day reconnecting with her and clearing up a lot of questions that she has had for me all these years. Although pain is still high, this wonderful part of my life is helping me to keep it off of my mind.

Angel ^j^

(10-05-2011, 01:51 PM)UndercovrAngel Wrote: And the blessings just keep coming. I woke up this morning to a request on FB to be friends with my daughter. God is so good. He knew with all the pain I have been in, just what I needed to pick me up and put me back on track.

Angel ^j^

Very happy for you Becky and your daughter!

I know how happy you must be UA I know you are doing the happy dance...concrats
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So proud of my daughter Bummer Knees 1 2,907 12-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Prayer for my Daughter lucky 4 3,778 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Last Post: lucky
  My Daughter's Wedding freebird 7 6,459 09-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Last Post: red1030
  found out where Admin goes on his "days off" jayne 4 3,741 01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Last Post: admin
  Prayers for my daughter bodybuilder1958 15 9,449 12-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Last Post: admin
  daughter halftrak 2 3,490 09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  My daughter's due today Wink 21 14,316 07-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Jayne's Daughter RNvic 31 16,899 08-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Last Post: RNvic
  daughter got married halftrak 13 8,852 09-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Hurt Hoosier
  I think I found what Jayne dreams about AQA 8 4,782 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM