Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what a nighmare this has become! need help!
I live in new York. I was injured on April 2nd (fractured foot). Xray didn't show break took over 3 months to get approved for an m.r.i. since I was hired by a temp agency to work for another company both companies are blaming each other as to who should pay me. Have not had any money coming in since my injury in April! Doctors report says fractured foot 100% temp disabled. Finally got a court date Oct.17th. My attorney says ill never get 100% since the judge will say I could be answering phones or other things even though I work in a warehouse and job requires me to be on my feet all day and there's no light duty. How is that fair? My attorney has been throwing numbers of what he thinks I might get but its so confusing and I don't really understand what he's saying. This has been the worst experience of my life. If I've been out of work since April its now October I was Making 425 a week with out overtime (which was required). What kind of money am I looking at? Do I get one pay check for all the time I've missed up to now then bi weekly pay checks until I return to work? Thanks for any info.

I think you are suppose to be getting TTD checks biweekly, from who? im not sure ..i get my money from state disability. the place where you had the injury should be held liable for paying for the injury.

I think you are suppose to be getting TTD checks biweekly, from who? im not sure ..i get my money from state disability. the place where you had the injury should be held liable for paying for the injury.

here is link to information on NY work comp benefits:
http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/...nefits.jsp

your temp employment agency is liable. they should be paying and the 2 companies can litigate reimbursement later.
apply for disability ---off the job injury here
http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/...orkers.jsp

they can seek reimbursement from the appropriate carrier later
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-04-2011, 09:27 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: I think you are suppose to be getting TTD checks biweekly, from who? im not sure ..i get my money from state disability. the place where you had the injury should be held liable for paying for the injury.
Your employers insurance company or MCO (managed care organization) should be cutting your TTD checks if they are self insured. If not a self insured employer then your TTD checks can come from the state disability.

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I am assuming this is an off the job injury? if so, even at 100% disability, NYS only pays a percentage of your usual pay, up to $170 per week minus taxes. If your doctor put you out of work (which they should have done, since there is no light duty), then you should be able to get at least that. What attorney do you use if I may ask?

http://www.nyscomp.com