Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is next
After treating me for 3 years doctor said will not treat me anymore because he is a surgeon . I still need a shoulder replacement and 3 level fusion. Tired of waiting to get ok from WC. We have been waiting a year just to get MRI I have no Idea what to do still in pain with meds now no meds killer pain so bad some days I want to chuck it all. If Wc won,t pay what are you suppose to do/

(09-30-2011, 03:35 PM)lpso708 Wrote: After treating me for 3 years doctor said will not treat me anymore because he is a surgeon . I still need a shoulder replacement and 3 level fusion. Tired of waiting to get ok from WC. We have been waiting a year just to get MRI I have no Idea what to do still in pain with meds now no meds killer pain so bad some days I want to chuck it all. If Wc won,t pay what are you suppose to do/

First, it would help to post the State you're in. States vary in the laws pertaining to WC.

Second, are you represented by an attorney ? If so, what does HE say ?
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

who is "we"?
if you have an atty, you need to discuss your legal options with them.

often when comp carrier denies treatment, health provider will step in;
they can litigate reimbursement issue with the comp carrier later.

each state has a comp board and court to handle disputes, you need to take your evidence to them for a decision.

put your state in your profile so more detailed information can be given.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

When I say we I mean the family as they feel this also. I have a lawyer they were taken by surprise also. My case is under longshoreman and Harbor workers act. With the doctor not filling out forms or giving further treatment it is back to the beginning to get a new doctor an more test. I guess I was venting common sense does not work in this case.

You say you were treated by this dr/surgeon for 3 years.. Are you saying you have had surgery already by him...?

After my hip and pelvis reconstruction my surgeon also released me after the 3 year mark... Later wc quit authorizing treatment and meds, and once they did my private ins picked up the tab. I did have to sign papers between attorney and my ins company more less stating it was from a wc injury... You may ask your surgeon for a referal to a pain clinic to handle your meds.....