Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My lawyers advice, is it correct?
I've been questioning my attorney lately. I had previously posted I was released from work by the IME without seeing him and my lawyer advised me to try it (against my treating physician's restrictions). I went and couldn't do it. I do a lot of heavy lifting and now I'm in great pain again. My employer didn't do anything but tell me to call my attorney who then advised me to go see my doctor. Do I have to wait to get in to my own doc?
Also, I have to see the IME doc again and was not told they have to pay for your travel expenses. I had previously seen this Doc and never received anything.
Do most attorneys let their clients know this info?
I'm really frustrated at this point.

You are in the same boat I was once in... When thier dr said you could go back to work your attorney should have advised you to take a copy of the report along with a slip from your employer of what your job duties were.. Your treating dr would have either aproved or not aproved, if not he would have wrote you a new set of restrictions saying you cant return. The only problem with that is wc may have stopped benifits, and your attorney would have to appeal....

AS far as them paying for your mileage, in my state of wi they do.. Maybe your attorney is keeping track, but you can always claim it and send it in for reimburstment.....

you can go to an emergency room, if necessary.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

In my state of MA, it doesn't matter what the IME says, only what your treating physician says. The IME will say anything that the insurer wants them to say. The only thing that matters from an unfavorable IME is that it gives the insurer the right to stop paying you.

You are in a Catch-22 because your employer believes the IME not your physician. Your doctor's job is aid you in getting better. The IME job is to make you return to work no matter what shape you are in. I would tell your employer that you are following your doctor's advice.

In our state, the judge can send you to THEIR choice of Impartial Physician and this usually benefits the injured worker.

**website link removed by moderator**

In my state of MA, it doesn't matter what the IME says, only what your treating physician says. The IME will say anything that the insurer wants them to say. The only thing that matters from an unfavorable IME is that it gives the insurer the right to stop paying you.

You are in a Catch-22 because your employer believes the IME not your physician. Your doctor's job is to aid you in getting better. The IME job is to make you return to work no matter what shape you are in. I would tell your employer that you are following your doctor's advice.

In our state, the judge can send you to THEIR choice of Impartial Physician and this usually benefits the injured worker.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WC Lawyers - Can you have two different lawyers on your Case? MrChicago 3 1,143 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Concerns re WC lawyers JnetM 8 8,185 10-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  back injured and lawyers are not helping 2tired2care 3 3,706 10-22-2014, 01:08 AM
  Changing Lawyers Scooter123 9 6,281 09-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Lawyers wont help me! Why?Texas millerrocks 1 2,539 08-06-2013, 08:48 PM
  Commutation and lawyers Hopping Along 7 5,894 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM
  Correct pmt imamess 4 4,160 12-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Last Post: kate
  My lawyers aid bronco54501 1 3,496 07-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
Smile Is it correct? can1976 2 2,966 07-03-2010, 12:25 AM