Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had FCE, now what?
In TN... had FCE this past week. I do not have a lawyer.

Background... been on LD since April. Have L1-L2 rupture with L3,4 and 5 bulging. The FCE was a little different than what I thought it would be. I was a FF/Paramedic for 20 years and I knew a little bit about what they were going to do. Seemed they tried to trick me on several occassions. They tested my grip strength which shouldn't be affected? Grip was fine. The also did some test a couple of times and made me sit in weird positions while doing the test. Took about 4 hours... but I was in bad pain for the next 5 days.

So I go back to the Dr on the 28th of Oct. He told me that with surgery, he could get rid of some of my leg pain but the back pain would still be there. I saw no use in getting cut on if I couldn't end up pain free. I walk with a limp now but I am walking. He also said I would probably have a 25 pound limit on what I can lift the rest of my life? Sounded a little low but I guess it could be that way. I learned at the FCE that I am not the same person I was before the injury. I hadn't attempted anything outside what my Dr had told me my limits were and boy it was a big surprise when I couldn't do 1/3 of the stuff I thought I could do.

My WC manager seems to be slipping. I've had to contact them several times since they don't follow up with anything. The last few times I have had to talk with her supervisor since I can't get in contact with her.

Manly what I want to know is where I go from here? I have never had a WC case and at this point I am lost. The WC supervisor told me they would offer me a settlement that would be a percentage of what the max would be? I'm guessing that willl come off what the Dr says is my limits? Is there any way to find out what the max is or what kind of a settlement I should be looking for? Also I've heard I should try and have future medical included. Do I need a lawyer to do this? If so, what kind of percentage does a lawyer require off your settlement?

I'm at the point now where I guess I need to talk with a lawyer but I would like some input from some on here who have similar injuries if possible.

Thanks

This should answer some of your questions. http://treasury.tn.gov/wc/BeneTempDisability.html

http://www.tn.gov/labor-wfd/wcfaq.html
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Thank you.

the state work comp website offers a bit more detail as to the benefits and how permanent disability is calculated:
http://www.tn.gov/labor-wfd/wcfaq.html#WCbenrev
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.