Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurses
I know we have a few nurses aboard.... I have a pick line in left arm, home medical was here fri morning and showed me how to work the Iv meds. The problem I have is she put an extension on the pic line so I could do it my self if my wife is not home.. Well that arm was injured in wc accident and even with the extension I still cant manuver to do it.. Noe I have about 12 inches of dangling line and I want it off.. The wife took it off but there was no ball at the end so we put it back on...........What do I do...

Bronco you might try sending an e-mail to Red.

She is in the member's list.

Call the agency back that sent the nurse, explain to them exactly what you mentioned. It is up to the agency to fix it, failing that call your doctor. The nurse did you a dis-service by not ensuring that you could properly operate the pick-line by yourself before she left. That is protocol, that the patient be able to administer the drugs and operate the line him/her self.

Bodybuilder1958

(09-18-2011, 01:12 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: Call the agency back that sent the nurse, explain to them exactly what you mentioned. It is up to the agency to fix it, failing that call your doctor. The nurse did you a dis-service by not ensuring that you could properly operate the pick-line by yourself before she left. That is protocol, that the patient be able to administer the drugs and operate the line him/her self.

Bodybuilder1958

Thats what I thought as well, yesterday I called the home health nurse and asked to remove the extension.. She said per my ins I was only allowed one visit.... I,m thinking going to the er and have them fix it. I now have a line 1 foot long full of air and worried if I hook up to my iv antibiotics...

I guess I worrie to much....lol. We called my dr and they told me as long as I put the extention back on it will be fine.. The agency called to day and appologized for my nurses actions... What I dont understand is if you go into nursing and dont enjoy doing your job to the fullest, why not get out of it... But I also understand the pressure and stress they can be under as well.. I went with Aspirus home nurses because of the BS I went through with the other home medical. I guess there is just alot of sour apples.............lol.

Having that peace of mind goes a long way.
Glad you got it wored out.

Bronco, I am sorry I didn't see this sooner... I am glad it has been resolved however. bodybuilder was right that the nurse who set up your system for self use was wrong in leaving before you demonstrated your ability to use the line appropriately. The doctor is also right as long as the line is back on all is well.... Hopefully you will not have any difficulties in the future. Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Bronco, I am sorry I didn't see this sooner... I am glad it has been resolved however. bodybuilder was right that the nurse who set up your system for self use was wrong in leaving before you demonstrated your ability to use the line appropriately. The doctor is also right as long as the line is back on all is well.... Hopefully you will not have any difficulties in the future. Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question for the nurses? Bummer Knees 13 6,634 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Question Nurses and all joint replacements...Please capricorn 17 7,669 12-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  need help nurses jayne 14 6,376 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Last Post: jayne
  OK nurses fess up jayne 11 5,937 08-07-2009, 04:41 PM
  OK nurses jayne 12 6,493 06-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Nurses, and Anyone Else that can Help Please!!! Still in Limbo 40 20,764 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  A question for nurses Bummer Knees 8 5,383 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM
  A question for the nurses on the forum? Bummer Knees 11 6,955 12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Question for Nurses. AQA 7 3,806 03-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Last Post: backache
  OK NURSES jayne 26 7,494 09-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: jayne