Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had my lump sum settlement aproved
I was injured at work and my employer did not have WC coverage. So finally after 6 months the Uninsured Employers Fund (UEF) offered me a lump sum to drop the case and I accepted. So the WC judge finally accepted everything today. My question is how long does it take for the UEF to send me a check? I know if it has to go through the employers insurance it takes somewhere around 30 days, but since the UEF is local and doesnt have to submit papers to insurance companies it shouldnt take as long, right? Im in New Mexico by the way.
Thanks in Advance

it still has to go thru many of the same processes whether there is carrier or not.
The UEF handles files much the same way a carrier does.
it's how they are funded that's different; not their claims handling.
expect payment within 30 days from approval.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Well its been 30 days since the judge signed the settlement and I have yet to see anything in the mail. I need this money and no 1 at the state is helping me no matter how many emails or phone calls I make.

you can ask for another court date and have the UEF representative explain the delay to the judge.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I willl have to wait till monday to do that. I did read somewhere (not sure if it was for another state) that the UEF can take 90 to 120 days to pay me while waiting on my employer to pay them. The WC judge stated and it said it my settlement papers that my employer will not owe any money to the UEF because the UEF were the ones who are paying the lump sum to keep themselves out of court. So will there still be a 90 to 120 day delay? Is a delay that long even fair? Ive got bills and things to pay.

Unfortunately they don't care about our bills that we have to pay. I've waited months for payments, it's because they can plus the court system has their own delays. I pissed off my own lawyer last year by going over his head, I contacted my state representative about a delay in a ruling. That state representative contacted the head of workers compensation, that person made a direct call to me apologizing for the delay in my case. He appointed a special judge just for me to take over and I had a ruling in 6 days after I had waited 5 months. Yes I took a big gamble but I had absolutely nothing to loose. Either WC would pay for my TKR or my insurance.

We've all unfortunately been in your shoes. Hopefully your check will be in the mail next week.

Take care,
Bodybuilder1958

Me too. Can they keep fighting it to delay it and hope I go away? Also, does anyone know if my family is covered in the event of a lump settlement? I want to take my son to a charlotte pediatrician, but I don't know the legalities involved when it comes to medical coverage under lump sum payments due to work-related injuries.

Spammer reported
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile 1st offer / Lump sum settlement Mongrel_Money 20 25,938 05-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Mongrel_Money
  Partial Lump Sum for Debt Questions Mongrel_Money 5 5,159 05-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Lump sum after being released to full duty?? Vicksquick7 1 7,241 02-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Lump sum payment and SSDI dknxvll 26 33,749 07-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Lump Sum Hearing Questions fairycatz 5 5,503 05-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Lump Sum affecting SSDI evolution3 13 9,760 06-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt