Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
65% whole body
His report finally came back and received a 65% whole body rating. The attorney has been waiting about 2 months for this report and was very pleased with the rating. Now the court date we were to have next week will be postponed. He wants him to see a work history physical therapist and psychologist (spelling). Not sure what they are for but my husband explained that the work history dr will see if he is able to do the work he has been doing and the psycologist will confirm the depression. I think it is obvious he can never do construction work again. This is all he has done since high school. The depression is worse as well but he doesn't see a WC dr for this. I guess this is the actual start of the long settlement process.

His attorney has never had a case with such a high rating. I know its probabaly a stupid question.... What does the rating mean? I know its probably good to be rated so high, unless your the person who was hurt.

Been told a whole body rating over 50% is very good, 1171 will correct me if I am wrong.

My rating totaled 92% but that was several body parts and I believe partial disability

impairment ratings attempt to objectively measure the loss of bodily function.
0% means no measurable impairment or loss of function
100% means total impairment or total loss of function

Mobility, strength, stamina --either mental and/or physical --- are severely compromised the higher the rating.

I don't think a measurement is either bad or good; it depends on the context.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you for your replies.

The lawyer has let my husband know that he doesn't have to attend the mediation tomorrow. I guess it isn't canceled. The lawyer is going and now with the report, finally in, will see how serious the insurance company actually is about settling. He does still believe it will go to trial.

Has anyone else's attorney gone to court without them? I guess its good he doesn't want to have our time wasted. I'm getting the impression this will be the first time the lawyers have even communicated.

Yes for my impairment rateing, my attorney went alone, they will discuss a lot of medical terms and there is no need for u to be there.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

My attorney said I did not need to attend the mediation hearing on my case.

I told him I would be there as this was my case and I was the one who could answer questions if needed be.

It was a good thing I was there as 5 minutes prior to the mediation hearing the attorney for the insurance company foundout I had been injured by the treating wc doctor with the injury being a major topic of the mediation hearing.

(09-12-2011, 10:04 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: My attorney said I did not need to attend the medication hearing on my case.

I told him I would be there as this was my case and I was the one who could answer questions if needed be.

It was a good thing I was there as 5 minutes prior to the mediation hearing the attorney for the insurance company foundout I had been injured by the treating wc doctor with the injury being a major topic of the mediation hearing.

attys do better with a client watching and listening.
they don't always like it but they do perform better.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you.

This is good to know. I will wake him to go. He has a appt with his attorney in the morning so he may not go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body parts in MSA and settlement docs don't match Seeking Help 71 29,852 02-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  "admitted" body part vs. "accepted"; What's the difference? Seeking Help 3 2,987 02-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: goingback
  Multiple body parts RickettK321 3 2,956 01-17-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: jadney65
  AME for DOI and additional body parts, TTD capped Leah 24 14,375 04-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Question about whole body rating conversion in Connecticut Linic0228 1 2,062 03-23-2017, 09:17 PM
  TWO claims same body part queenlee 7 4,769 01-22-2017, 10:38 PM
  MMI @ 5% whole Body Impairment rating johntdaballa 3 9,262 11-03-2015, 03:55 PM
  Partially Denied Multiple Body Parts Claims. Please HELP! neckpain101 6 7,780 07-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Hurting in my pockets and body in georgia!!! alvinf478 1 3,177 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
  ten percent Whole body impairment sgoad0213 3 7,163 02-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: sgoad0213