Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Pay
I went to court last month and my surgery has been approved and will meet with the doctor soon to set the date. My lawyer informed me that my weekly Temporary Disability Check will resume after I have it. IWhich is great since I received my last check in March or April. I told the lawyer that it is hard trying to make ends meet with just my husband's check and he informed me that the judge postponed me getting my back pay to another time. Is that normal? I'm not too happy with the lawyer I have since I just met him for the first time the morning of my court date. By the way, I never even had to leave the waiting room that day.
By the way, I'm in Oklahoma

without knowing the issues it's difficult to say.
you would need medical evidence that during the period in question you were medically unable to work or find light work.

it's also possible the lawyer wants the back pay included in any final settlement as it will increase his fee.
without knowing your state or how settlements in your state operate I cannot be specific or say for sure.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-31-2011, 11:09 AM)1171 Wrote: without knowing the issues it's difficult to say.
you would need medical evidence that during the period in question you were medically unable to work or find light work.

it's also possible the lawyer wants the back pay included in any final settlement as it will increase his fee.
without knowing your state or how settlements in your state operate I cannot be specific or say for sure.

The doctor has not released me to return to work. I"m having cervical disk surgery.
Thank you for your help